Progesterone and Not Ovulating

BabyD331

Reaction score
I think I may be having anovulatory cycles. My period came yesterday after 55 days and the bleeding I am having is just like how it has always been, even when I was regular (which was from 13 up until 2 years ago). I was reading about anovulatory cycles and it said the bleeding will either be super heavy or super light and mine is not. It is textbook flow for CD 2. It will probably taper way off after tomorrow and then be super light for 2 days and then end.

Also, it said that progesterone is ONLY present in ovulatory cycles. But isn't that the hormone that makes your breasts hurt after ovulation?? I have very sore nipples and almost bruised looking breasts for the last two weeks and now that AF has come, the soreness is totally gone.

I guess I am looking for some hope because I am terrified that something is wrong. I am going to start charting in a couple days and see for myself. That way I can show my doctor my charts when I go in to see her in October.

Can anyone tell me what an anovulatory "looks" like? (Is it always a long cycle, do you still get PMS symptoms, any other symptoms besides temps that don't rise?)

Thanks!

One way to make sure you ovulate is by temping & taking opks. Another is by blood test and ultra sounds. Most doctors will advice you to chart for a 1-2 months, as it is not evasive and fairly easy.
From what you are describing I think you ovulate normally. Start charting and best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->