progesterone cream users? need advice

kazazza

Reaction score
I have a history of low luteal phase temps, so I tried using progesterone cream this cycle.

I applied it 2x/day CD15-28. I tested CD29 and BFN.

I'm now on CD33 and no AF. I know that it can sometimes take a bit of time, but it's now going on 5 days without the cream and I'm starting to worry.

Never used progesterone supplements, but talked to my dr about it because he thought I was low because of pmdd symptoms. Turns out I'm actually on the high end of normal. Your natural progesterone drop from about 7 days before AF is due is what triggers your body to shed the endometrium. I would give it a couple more days and if AF never shows, call your doc.

I useed Progest cream last couple cycles, and always start spotting 2 days later, then AF 3-4 days after stopping.
Keep in mind they advise you rotate where you apply the cream because it does tend to get "stored" in the tissue after applying for a while.
I was concerned about this and read a fertility article on it- which my Doc agreed with that it can be used around the vag area( on/around "lips" sorry )
This is very vascular tissue and thin, so it absorbs better and faster, and since those cells regen often, you aren't likely to have that build up issue.
Also it's closer to target area-uterus.
Give it a few more days and GL!

Thanks Theiska and JLM73! I'll give it a few more days and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->