progesterone cream?

rapunzel87

Reaction score
Hello ladies :)

I have a q for y'all. I randomly spot during my lp phase or even during my menstrual cycle. Vitex has reduced the spotting. However, I feel that my progesterone levels are low and this is why I spot. I had a m/c 2 months ago (at 4-5 weeks) because of this very issue! My doc doesn't recognize my low progesterone levels. She thinks they are normal :S She has given me blood tests, pap test, ultrasound - all normal. She wants to put me on bcps. Which I don't want! (Obv!). Vitex did somewhat regulate my cycle. But now I want to add progesterone cream to that. What do you think? Are there major side effects to using the cream?

Fyi- I am currently in the 2 week wait: 5 dpo. If I starr progesterone cream now, will it help? Also if u could recommend some brands that would be great! :)

Sorry I don't know about progesterone cream but if your doctor "doesn't recognize" your MC and wants to put you on BC while you are TTC then it is definitely time for a new doctor! A good doc will answer your questions about the progesterone also.

Lol, sorry, let me clarify - the doctor does not recognize my low progesterone levels. She thinks they are fine. She knows about the miscarriage, since she monitored my hcg levels.

According to my research, progesterone levels vary for different women? What is normal for one may not be normal for another..

Oh, phew - I guess I misread. Still seems wrong that doc would even suggest BC though.

There are no major side effects to using the natural progesterone cream. However, it can mimic pregnancy symptoms (e.g. sore boobs, etc) since the cream will raise your progesterone levels. Once you have confirmed ovulation, you can start using it. I use Emerita Pro-gest cream. You can get it on Amazon or at health food stores, like Whole Foods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->