Progesterone level of 174 on clomid?!?!

MrsB09

very cautiously pregnant
Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I have just got my day 21 prog test back after my first round of 50mg day 2-6 & it was 174 (the cycle prior to me starting clomid it was 21.1) is this too high? The doctors letter just said that it indicates ovulation & that I should stay on the same dose. When I looked at a chart the average level was 40 & the top of the chart was 80!!

I'm convincing myself that I had an early loss this cycle. (I didn't test).

Thanks, baby dust to you all xxx

I just posted a similar thread in the two week wait section. Mine was 116 and I'm 10dpo today with a bfn. The doctor has sent me for blood test today as my lupus test came back borderline and he is thinking I may be fertilizing my egg but it can't implant!! It's all a bit confusing. Has Af arrived for you if you are thinking you had a early loss?

Hey Chook, yes it sure did. I am actually on cycle day 8 of the subsequent cycle (I only got the letter with the level today but the doc left me a voicemail last week telling me that I had ovulated). My cycle was 28 days this month but I didn't O until CD17 so my luteal phase is still a little short. I need sleep but I can't get off google!!!

Hahaha! I know how you feel, I'm googling like a mad women here!!! Good luck to you this cycle. Fingers crossed for you xox

Thanks hun, you too. It looks like there might be 2 different measures of prog (nmol & ng or something) so I reckon my natural cycle 21.1
Was in ng (so around 60nmol) & this month is was 174 nmol (so around 60ng). That sounds more likely!! Going to dig out my letter from last month now to check!!

Good luck xxx

Found it and nope - it was 21.1 nmol/l last Minh and 174 this month... Back to freaking out again! X

Lol! I'm in Australia so I was wondering if we have different scales to overseas so I just had my blood test done and asked the nurse taking it. My 116 is the higher end of what it should be in the first trimester and if I'm right and we have the same scale yours would be the lower end of the second trimester!!! Maybe I had a couple of eggs fertilize that didn't implant! So confusing.

I hope I'm not stressing you more by telling you that just thought it may help you xox

It's not stressing me, I find it fascinating. I must have released more than 1 egg. Fingers crossed I can get me some twins this cycle!! X

I'm crossing my fingers for you too! 11dpo today and another bfn. Not looking good for me so let hope we both get our bfp next cycle xox

If it's that high and your not pregnant there is the chance that your dosage is of Clomid is too high and you ovaries are over stimulated, producing and releasing more than one egg.

If it's that high and your not pregnant there is the chance that your dosage is of Clomid is too high and you ovaries are over stimulated, producing and releasing more than one egg.

Yes, I agree. There is definitely more than 1 egg. Unfortunately I am on the lowest dose. God I hope it works this month!! I don't want to keep putting my body through this month after month if I am massively over-stimulating. I think this is a sign of how my body will react to ISCI so fingers crossed I don't get that far. I haven't had DHs sperm analysed for a couple of months, I'd happily do it on a weekly basis so I know if I'm wasting my time or not! This month I have every side effect going!!!

I don't know a lot about Clomid- I'm on Femara instead. Do you take it for a number of days, could your doc not give you it for less days?? Some private UK hospitals prescribe Femara. This is what I'm on aka Letrozole- it can be gentler and work for those that Clomid doesn't work for.

You never know, you might have conceived this month. Your not out 'til your red!

Yes that's a good point, i'll ask him for next cycle. I am out and on CD11 of my next cycle, god knows what my level will be this month!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->