Progesterone levels

schmetterling

Reaction score
Hey ladies!
I am currently bf my 20 month old and am almost 5 weeks pregnant. I got my progesterone checked at 4 weeks 2 days and I don't have the exact number yet but I'm told it was just over 14, which i was told is not scary low but is low enough to probably do supplemental progesterone. The thing is, I don't have a midwife yet (still interviewing them this week) and feel so lost. The midwife who ordered the test for me hasn't gotten back to me about who I should see about supplementing and I'm not sure how I feel about supplementing anyway as the risks are unkown. My daughter came a month early so we are suspecting I may have had progesterone issues with her too. Just wondering if anyone had their progesterone checked at 4 weeks and what the value was and also if anyone has experience with prog supplementation. I'm freaking out. I don't want to lose this baby but just feel like I'm in limbo as I don't eve have a midwife. From looking online, that number seems like it's still in the normal range so I'm really confused. Thank you ladies, I appreciate you all so much.

Hey hun my levels at that time were 12.5 so it isn't too bad. I used cream supplement but if they prescribe a suppository even better. Anything above 10 is considered normal at that time so try not to worry that much.

Thank you so much! I interviewed another midwife today and she didn't seem concerned so I think I'll just wait until I find a midwife (should be done interviewing by the end of the week) and then maybe get them rechecked and if they haven't raised enough maybe I'll get a dr appt and try to get a prescription. I'm going to try not to worry about it too much as I think the numbers are still safe. Hope you have a wonderful pregnancy and thank you for responding!

You should probably have your progesterone rechecked to see if it is going up like it's supposed to! That's what I did, they suspected I had low progesterone and they checked me at 3+5 it was 16.7 which was ok, but just to be safe they wanted a recheck in two days... I'm so thankful they did!! In two days it dropped to 14 and they put me on a vaginal suppository, it was fine and I know it definitely helped keep my baby nourished!!! I stopped taking them at a little over 12 weeks and all is fine!!!! My supplement was a compounded progesterone 100mg, it hasn't had any negative effects on baby , all ultrasounds have shown a perfectly healthy baby!!!!

Thanks pink passion! I'm going to have them rechecked as soon as I can find someone willing to do the test. Glad the progesterone supplements worked for you! I'm not worried at this point but I do want to get them checked again soon.

I haven't had it checked other than when I was on Letrozole before we conceived the boys and on CD21 was 21. They just put me on supplements because I had two miscarriages.

Hey ladies!
I am currently bf my 20 month old and am almost 5 weeks pregnant. I got my progesterone checked at 4 weeks 2 days and I don't have the exact number yet but I'm told it was just over 14, which i was told is not scary low but is low enough to probably do supplemental progesterone. The thing is, I don't have a midwife yet (still interviewing them this week) and feel so lost. The midwife who ordered the test for me hasn't gotten back to me about who I should see about supplementing and I'm not sure how I feel about supplementing anyway as the risks are unkown. My daughter came a month early so we are suspecting I may have had progesterone issues with her too. Just wondering if anyone had their progesterone checked at 4 weeks and what the value was and also if anyone has experience with prog supplementation. I'm freaking out. I don't want to lose this baby but just feel like I'm in limbo as I don't eve have a midwife. From looking online, that number seems like it's still in the normal range so I'm really confused. Thank you ladies, I appreciate you all so much.

that is actually good for where you are, they want it to be over 10...ur at 14 so its good..
also having a baby 4 weeks early is not from low progesterone...either other factors came into play or it decided it was its time :)

i have had losses but mine where at three and 7 so....and used supplements because of that....

Thank you all so much!! I am 5 weeks 1 day now and have had no spotting or cramping and am starting to get really tired all the time so I'm trying to stay positive. I'm sure everything is fine and I have 2 more midwife interviews on Friday so hopefully I'll have one picked out by then and talk about retesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->