Progesterone question

happycupcake

‘Mrs Hudson took my skull.’
Reaction score
Anyone here tried Cyclogest pessaries? And how about bio-identical progesterone cream?
I have a prescription for Cyclogest which I believe will be 400mg, and I have cream on order which will deliver 20mg per pump, which is to be used twice daily.
Although my temps would suggest I don't have a problem with low progesterone, a number of chemicals and symptoms associated with lower progesterone suggests I may require a bit of help in this area.
I don't know which is best to use? I know the Cyclogest is probably more commonly used since as far as I'm aware cream isn't licensed here, some doctors prescribe it apparently but I think they tend to prescribe Cyclogest instead.
Anyway, any experiences hugely appreciated! I'm scared of side effects. I wouldn't use pessaries in the back door as I don't want the associated diarrhoea as this will trigger panic attacks for me, so I would use them vaginally.
Has anyone found it reduces their anxiety?

If they're pessaries they're designed for vaginal use, so I wouldn't use them rectally anyway. I would always go with what was prescribed by a GP, and if you'd rather use the cream talk to a gp first. I work in pharmacy which always makes me wary of "self medicating".

The only thing I'm concerned about is having too high a dose. I know they're available in 200mg so I don't know why they didn't give me that instead since they haven't actually checked my levels. Can I halve them? I have a lot of anxiety, mostly based around health so I want to try to do what I need to, without encountering a ton of side effects

I wouldn't half them unless you talk to your GP. They will have prescribed that dose for a season. If you're uneasy about it I would go and talk to them about it and ask why. When it's things like hormone substitutes I'd just be so worried about changing what was prescribed and messing myself up. If the GP seems unsure then talk to a pharmacist.

My usual GP is back tomorrow so hopefully I can get an appointment with her, though I don't hold much hope since appointments are almost always gone instantly with her. I can always get a call back I guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->