Progesterone supplement?!

CupcakeGirl2

Reaction score
has anyone used the vaginal progesterone supplement? How did you like it? Did it work? What were you side effects?!

I used crinone at night. No side effects. I never had a redraw so I don't know if it worked but I stopped spotting and im 22wks, so it did something!

has anyone used the vaginal progesterone supplement? How did you like it? Did it work? What were you side effects?!
I used it for 4 of my 5 surrogate pregnancies, several types. I preferred the Crinone to the because it didn't leave a thick, chalky, hard to remove layer on the lady-bits when it inevitably leaks out. It does tend to come out clumpy, and my doctor always double checked with me that I was SURE it wasn't a yeast infection, so apparently it looks like a yeast infection. It was less irritating than the vaginal pills, too.

There was occasional internal irritation, especially if I was in a hurry and wasn't as gentle with it as I could be, but nothing bad. You might want to wear pantyliners pretty much daily since the discharge is random.

I did have a lot of bleeding early on with my last, and spent 10 days on PIO injections, crinone, and bed rest. The PIO wasn't bad at all (but again, it wasn't for weeks!) but I suspect it was the bed rest that helped more since I have a very physical job in warm conditions, and class right after, so just a lot of time on the run. (And I was 40 and it was my 5th pregnancy, so understandably hard than my first when I was 29.) They were sure the crinone was enough, but when bleeding that particular clinic throws everything but the kitchen sink at you.

I hope that was helpful. Good luck to you, Cupcake!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->