progesterone supplements

sdc010905

Reaction score
Im not sure if i have low progesterone levels or not, im getting bloods done on day 21/ 1 wk after i ovulate this cycle. Iv had 2 early miscarriages this yr (1 this wk) so i kind of feel its time to rule it out....however my doctor is fairly useless and i feel there's ladies on here who know a lot more about this! Just wondering if its by prescription/over the counter? If you actually dont have confirmed low levels could it mess up cycle/ harm a pregnancy? Ive heard of creams and suppositories- which are better? Any info would b great.

I wonder that myself. I also have had losses, one blighted ovum and one very early loss at 5 weeks (just last week). I am so sorry for your loss. It is definitely difficult. Good luck with your tests and finding answers. I was also going to say, you might get more responses if you post in TTC after a loss forum, as those ladies are more apt to have experience with that. Is progesterone prescription or over the counter?

hello! I am on progesterone suppositories and they are by prescription. I think there may be creams that you can do without prescription, but I've heard those aren't as effective. Not positive though, as I've only tried the prescription kind! You could maybe ask your doctor if they would test your levels?

Only the progesterone cream can be bought without a prescription but if your progesterone levels are very low then your better off getting the RX version because the cream does not work as well, I think the cream would be fine if progesterone was slightly low or to use until you can get a RX of progesterone. my favorite is the pro-gest brand on amazon.

Thanks for all the responses, I figure it won't hurt to check it out as I'm getting other bloods done anyway. Mrswhite: sorry for your loss hopefully we'll have more luck next time x

Hello, Progesterone suppositories are RX only. I only have experience with the injections for 14 weeks and on but, I do know that from an article I read in a medical journal a few years back that it would be ideal for all women to receive progesterone when pregnant. Babies whose mothers receive progesterone when pregnant score higher on testing. It helps with brain development. Though, I am not sure what they say about the suppositories in early pregnancy. I have also been told not to use the progesterone cream during pregnancy so I would definitely discuss that with your Dr. I am also getting my Progesterone tested this time around after having two early losses this year. Good luck to you!

Hello, Progesterone suppositories are RX only. I only have experience with the injections for 14 weeks and on but, I do know that from an article I read in a medical journal a few years back that it would be ideal for all women to receive progesterone when pregnant. Babies whose mothers receive progesterone when pregnant score higher on testing. It helps with brain development. Though, I am not sure what they say about the suppositories in early pregnancy. I have also been told not to use the progesterone cream during pregnancy so I would definitely discuss that with your Dr. I am also getting my Progesterone tested this time around after having two early losses this year. Good luck to you!

That's good to know, I thought just buying a cream and using it would be handy but afraid I could be doing more harm than good. I'm afraid to try anything! I take folic acid but nothing else. Interested in b6 as I've heard it lengthens luteal phase but mine is short some cycles and perfect other cycles so I don't know if I need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->