Progesterone Suppositories

bklove

We got married 4/07
Reaction score
Are any of you ladies using vaginal suppositories and what has your experience been? I'm on 400mg 2x's a day, and I just started the one with the applicator and I'm not sure if that is irratating my va jay jay or if just being on it for a week now is so I was wondering what other people's expereince has been and any tid bits of advice. I did read someone else's info and she said it did irratate her after about 2 weeks and also using the tampax pearl applicator helped. Also things like getting it on while on the suppository etc.

Hi!

I am taking the Progesterone supps too. They sounds slightly different to yours though - mine don't have an applicator, they are waxy pellets you just have to push them in yourself (sorry tmi). I know they can irritate people, my doctor told me that mine might. He said you can apparently take them the *other* way if irritation occurs. Again though I don't think that would apply if you have an applicator.

I would ask my nurse/doctor if it is really bad, they can use injections which I have tried before.

Good luck with a solution !

I'm using the same ones as rattlegirl I'm assuming, but I haven't had any problems. I'm actually quite happy I'm using them as I was bleeding and now it's stopped. I have no applicator either but it's been ok.
Good luck!! xxx

I was on the crinone in the begining, but once I got my BFP I went onto the Pessaries which are the waxy pellets you insert yourself.
I went through IVF so have been on Progesterone since ET. I just finished my last one on Saturday.
I had no problems at all, I was on 200MG 2xday so maybe the dosage level is causing the irritation.

I was on the one you push in yourself also which worked fine, but this new batch- i'm not sure if its the pharmacy or just how they make it but its not pretty at all- its really gritty. The other onces were smooth and you can feel it melt like m&m's:), this one there is none of that happening if I try to use it w/o the applicator. I did mentioned it to the nurse today, she said the glycerin that they use in it can be irratating so shes going to order the crinone (I believe, the cream one) for me to try. Thanks all!

may i ask what they are for huni please

Many people need progesterone to help support the early weeks of pregnancy. I take them as well, but mine are orally. The supposetories are supposed to be the best way for the body to absorb it.

where do u get it from hun im in the uk and think i have a problem with second half of cycle building it up

Mummylou, I would think you have to get them from dr as they are on prescription.

I'm using the waxy ones and have to say they are much better used rectally. I found them really messy vaginally and seemed to lose quite a lot (!).

x

You should speak to your dr about it, its supposed to be helpful with lengthening your cycle as well. Definitly safer with a prescription. I just started the cream suppository, so far no issues....even though i'm crazy tired today which was listes as a side effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->