progesterone testing

c beary 83

Reaction score
Hello there,

So I went to the doctors today and she suggested booking me in for some progesterone tests as we have been trying for ten months now (and both over 35).

She said I needed to be tested on cd19, 21 and 23 as I could ovulate early or late in my cycle.

Am I right in thinking that the test on 7dpo is the most important I.e the cd21 per a standard cycle?

I explained to her that I chart and so know exactly when I ovulate. I really don't want to go for three blood tests unless I have to as it is difficult to take so much time out of work.

Does anyone have any experience of these tests and know what they are looking for?

I do progesterone tests sometimes to confirm ovulation. Usually only one is done and it should be 7 DPO. The only reason for doing multiples is that progesterone is secreted in pulses so the exact level can vary from day to day. But, I don't think it can fluctuate so much that the overall result would be unclear. I would do only the 7dpo test. If there is any confusion over results you can always do more next cycle.

From ttc #1 doctors don't believe in BBTs, they don't. That's why they rely on bloods do all the bloods. Get the bloods done to get get a guideline.
I did opks and bbt, but at the end Of the day the bloods tell the truth.
I ov'd on cd14 told the doctor and he was like nope negative progesterone, but didn't get pregnant till cd37 with my son. Trust the bloods they really have no times for temps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->