Progesterone

happycupcake

‘Mrs Hudson took my skull.’
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if you can have too much progesterone, so instead of supporting a pregnancy it thins your uterine lining instead? Google is being an arse and I can't find much information. I know synthetic progesterone as a contraceptive is used to keep the lining thin, but I have always read that bio-identical progesterone is good and you can't have too much, until I had my scan and the sonographer said it could be too much progesterone. But, this is the first time I have heard this and I've heard many things from many medical professionals which haven't always been accurate so I don't know what to think. So if anyone has any idea I would be so grateful if you could post! I'm due to ovulate soon ish and I don't know whether to use progesterone or not, or whether to swap to the cream again as it's a much lower dose or what, and my doctor still hasn't got in touch :dohh:

Yeah im researching as im low progesterone and unless u r low u should even touch natural.progestrone there is such a thing as progestwrone dominent if u put that term.in google it will probably come up im estrogen dominent so im the other way. You are right estrogen prepares ur lining so if heres not enough u wont lead to.ovulation and the next steps. Theres a load of.fertility videos.by the natural fertility on you tube which should help too

Why didn't I think to put that term into Google instead!
I don't think I'm progesterone dominant, my levels were higher than average but they weren't sky high and my oestrogen levels are fine according to bloods.
It's hard because the symptoms of progesterone dominance are rather similar to oestrogen dominance. I firmly believe I was lacking in progesterone because once I started using it it really helped. I also had a polyp which would possibly suggest oestrogen dominance at some point.
When I got my progesterone levels back a couple of weeks ago my doctor said that's right where we want them to be.
Everything I read says you can't have too much progesterone when it comes to supporting a pregnancy and thickening uterine lining, so I'm rather confused.
All I seem to have found is all hormone levels are fine, the polyp came out on its own the cycle before last cycle, the scan didn't show up anything else other than a thin lining, so I don't know how I arrived at this. And, I don't know where to go from here. The Cyclogest helps my moods and anxiety and I don't want to leave it if it's helping this. If it's helping in those areas then I would have thought this suggests before I was using it I was low on progesterone at least.
It's driving me crackers not knowing what to do and having zero input from my doctor

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->