progress/follow on milk?

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
just wondered how many people switched to follow on milk when they moved on to solids? been umming and aring myself!!

hi there,

H have just moved on to follow on milk as I had just finished my last box of stage 1. As I live in France I like to use cow & gate comfort - worked wonders for colic as french milk is dreadful and soooo expensive so I decided just to order stage 2 comfort milk as that is what they say they should have - no idea why.

My HV told me follow on milk is a con to make money and if your baby is havin a varied diet u dont need to switch x

i moved onto follow on milk about 8 weeks ago, purely because it has more iron ans as tommy was a premmie, this is what he lacked..i use red sma but it does make him quite constipated so i hav to give fresh juice too

h x

I started weaning early but switched to follow on milk after Lewis was 6 months old. Mainly as babies need a lot more iron after they're 6 months old and the best source of iron comes from red meat, which he isn't eating yet. (He gives me the "I don't think you're feeding me that" shudder):rofl:

i moved onto follow on milk about 8 weeks ago, purely because it has more iron ans as tommy was a premmie, this is what he lacked..i use red sma but it does make him quite constipated so i hav to give fresh juice too

h x

thanks for that- SMA red is what I've got so will look out for that if we decide to use it. Did you use the sma gold before it?

I'll be switching to follow on for Jack when he is 6 months. One of the reasons is that they do offers on follow on milk and can work out cheaper.

love your new avatar reallytinyamy! Chloe is so cute!

we use follow on. Purely for selfish reasons. I like getting the points from boots and it doesn't make me feel bad for giving him formula as it's follow on. Stupid, I know!

we haven't switched. i did try a cartoon of it, but tbh she wasn't that impressed :dohh: (aptamil) i have a bottle of hipp so will try her on that, but atm staying with aptamil hungry baby as she's happy :)

amy - ur avatar is gorgeous xxx

No, not going to switch.

Funny as I was thinking about it yesterday, but there is no need if the formula covers 1-12 months.

h x

thanks for that- SMA red is what I've got so will look out for that if we decide to use it. Did you use the sma gold before it?

hi ya,

yep we used sma gold before and had no probs, i guarantee youl get a constipated baby until she gets used to it, i still have to give fresh apple juice every day, a side effect for everyone of more iron is constipation so its a bummer lol

h x

We've swapped onto follow on as again one of the extra things my baby needs is more iron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->