Progresterone Test

akcher

Mom to twins!
Reaction score
My Dr. had me take a progesterone test 7 days before my period. The results came back normal but on the low side. So she is having me take it again next month. Mine was 7.4 and she said a good range is around 10. Anyone have any knowledge on how this effects me TTC? Thanks :)

Not sure, but have you 'googled' it on the internet? I know you don't always give you reliable advice but it's worth a try to get more information. I thought progesterone had something to do with building up the womb lining thickness, but I'm not too sure.

Good luck with your tests! I hope you have a BFP real soon!

My AF started today. My LP this month is only 11 days long. Since this is the first month I ovulated in a few months, I'm not too sure what is normal for my cycle. I went from being 44-45 day cycle to a good 30-32 day cycle. But having a short LP worries me. Hopefully next month will be better. *fingers crossed*

I had the progesterone test done recently.

My Doctor told me to show ovulation, it much be over 30. Mine was 43

Interesting you said this.....I have just been tested for high prolactin levels. This means that the gland that produces prolactin is working overtime and this suppresses ovulation. It is usually the cause of long cylces and also irregular cycles and a long luteal phase which cannot sustain a pregnancy. It also means that progesterone levels are low.

My doctor has currently out me on Dostinex to bring my prolactin levels down. If it has not come down in 4 weeks he will do a MRI scan to see if I have a tumor (benign) of the pituitary. I have researched this and MANY women have this it seems. It is not anything to get scared about. Except that when this is the case, you have to take meds to get it down or you won't get pregnant easily.

My doctor has also recommened I buy the progesterone cream to rub in as a natural therapy. This will up my progesterone level and therefore help reduce the prolactin.

I was up crying about this last night....especially since I did not really know what it is. But I spent some time researching and found some good info. Hopefully I dont have the pituitary tumor - but even I do as many women do with high prolactiin levels, it can be treated.

You should ask your doctor to do a Prolactin level test Ackcher....especially since they have established that your progesterone is low...

Hope I did not righten you....don't mean to...just telling you of my experience and hopefully this info helps you..........

*hugs* scotchbonnet, I will definately talk to my doctor to see if I need to have that tested. I hope that your medications works for you.

Thanks akcher. Great thing is that I now know what is wrong and why I had a miscarriage. When it happened, no one made any effort to see why they just said - oh - it happens! Now I know that I have high prolactin levels and that I will miscarry if it is not down.

I have read research and a prolactin support board with women who have had healthy pregnancy once they got prolactin and progesterine in balance.

Hopefully you dont have my issues!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->