PROM Premature Rupture of Membranes

Hispirits

Reaction score
hi
i've been diagnosed with PROM.:wacko:
last thursday my afi was 3.1
today they have increased to 6.8 which is promising.
my baby is absoloutly fine.
my bump is a lot smaller, i think my waters went on tuesday am, i have epilepsy, and had a big seizure, at the time i thought i had peed myself but now realise my waters went :cry:
i can feel baby so much more now too, which is a reassurance.

i'm just looking for any advise. anyone whos been there what the out come was?

i think the plan at the moment is to get me to 37 weeks.
i'm taking antibiotics and have had two lots of steroid injections to mature babies lungs.

any advice/experiances welcome xxx

I had prom at 35+6 with my daughter, and then labour started immediately after. She was born weighing a tiny 5 lbs, 2.8 ounces and fortunately completely healthy. Take it easy! :hugs:

No signs of labour here at all.
Been nearly a week since rupture and I've had continuous leakage since.

My waters went in my 35th week in my first pregnancy, I ignored it and they only found out at 39.5! Luckily all was ok, I was lucky not to have an infection! I didn't go ino labour so I assumed when at 2am I sent for a wee and then suddenly felt like I wasn't weeing anymore and it was just coming out and I couldn't stop it, that I was just tired and imagining it!

That's great you got to 39 weeks!
Makes me feel reassured!
I hope to make it to 37 weeks.

I'm amazed labour didn't start, makes me wonder if theres something wrong with me! The dr didn't think it was my waters because he said I would have gone into labour by now but it was. Crazy stuff

Well I have had no sign of labour and my waters went last Tuesday.
I was thinking I was a bit of a freak of nature. Lol

I'm looking out for labour signs though every little niggle I wonder if its the start of something.
I think I'll be like a cat on a hot tin roof now until he's in my arms xxx

No advice but i have epilepsy too and thought my waters went when i had a seizure last week,Thankfully it was just where id wet myself mid fit,Hope your feeling well xx

I was the other way round. Assumed I had wet myself until I was scanned a couple of days later.
It was the 1st grand mal I've had since 2007!
I was gutted!
Xxx

Wat a shame,I have grand mal and partial seizures or vacant episodes,I have grand mal seizures most weeks as my epilepsy is poorly controlled once my lo is here Im off for surgery to hopefully sort iy all medication seems to fail me,I hope you dont have any more its terrifiying to have a fit on top of being pregnant too.

Mine used to be horrific and poorly controlled.3/5 grandmals a night
I was on lots of meds, ive tried comninations of keppra, clobazam,lamotirigine, topamax.
In the end I reduced all of them (without drs knowing)until I was just on tegretol and that seemed to do the trick.
They were wanting to operate with me, but I knew the medication was working against me.
Since being pregnant I've had a lot of partials but they never progressed into anything, then of know here last Tuesday I had two grandmals in one day,
I've upped my morning and night dose of tegretol. And do far no more grandmals but I've had lots of 'big' partials which are frustrating. Its like I keep being reset. Bloody annoying!

My waters went at 31 +3 in my last pregnancy and I delivered a week later. Good luck love x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->