Propagation mania and being nervous

Coco Tutu

Reaction score
Well, I don't know what has gotten into me (sperm, I guess) and since this Friday I want to plant, grow and propagate all our house plants. I guess it's a reproductive frenzy of some sort :blush: Today I announced to DH that "Until I give birth EVERYTHING in this house is going to reproduce!". I found out that you can grow basil from cuttings and I also got a spider plant that is super easy to propagate. Jade plants and other succulents that we have just reproduce on their own :) (we have a male rabbit and a male African pygmy hedgehog and I am not sure how to go about that :D)

I have started to feel anxious for the second scan, which will be this Thursday, when I will be 11weeks 0 days. I had the blood tests done (not for the combined down testing, just regular ones) on Friday and I am also getting anxious about those results.

Even though my breasts are tender and if my stomach gets empty, I get immediately nauseous and I pee at least 3 times every night, I still worry that we will go to the midwife and she will be like "well, there is nothing in there". I admit I read waaay to many threads referring to missed miscarriages and that doesn't help :/ On Saturday I felt something warm and wet between my legs (sorry if tmi) and was terrified it was blood. Nope. Just some of those yucky fluids. And didn't have it since, so I am pretty sure it's not a yeast infection.

How do you deal with the pre-scan stress? Any tips and tricks? Also, anyone else feeling they get wider and rounder by the day?

I have always been very thin and it is strange to watch my waste change and my breasts grow, but I take it as a positive sign that the little buddy in me is growing as well.

Hey coco! I laughed at the idea of you getting all your plants to reproduce :haha:

As for anxiety, I hear you. I'm terrified of MMC too, especially as my SIL experienced one. I'm trying to remain positive though and focus on the fact that I'm most definitely getting rounder! Like you, I've always been very slim, so this is very weird. Currently it's a lot of bloat and mainly in the evenings. I can't wait to have a proper bump!

Only a few more days until our scans (mine is Wednesday) and we can hang in there staying positive until then :)

Good luck with both your scans! Even more luck with mating your rabbit and hedgehog! :D
Reading some of the threads really doesn't help with the fear, does it? I read them out of interest/commiseration but it makes you worry as well.
I'm a bit pudgy to begin with so I'm finding it difficult to tell whether I'm expanding yet :)

Red I am so sorry for your SIL. It must been even harder for you, having such an incident within your family. No one I know had one, but then again I am the first of my circle of friends who is pregnant and people are not too open about such things anyway. Still, statistics are in our favor.
I am so glad our scans are that close! You will be a proper 12 weeks by then, so that's great!

Poetschild I am usually coming here to check if a symptom is normal, but when you see a thread with titles such as "keep me in your prayers" or "I lost the baby", I don't want to run without offering at least an e-hug, so I end up reading all the scary details as well :( I don't know your definition of pudgy, but you look amazing in your wedding pic :)

Thank you! That was a couple of years ago and I had lost a bit of weight. I'm not really worried about my weight just now. Just want baby to be healthy. I do envy you your cute little bumps, though!

Yeah it's been hard for my SIL. It's quite rare, thankfully, and I'd never even heard of it until SIL experienced it. Keep me updated on your scan! :)

Haha I think it is just a myth that you get just a cute bump. We all grow all over the place, but I see it just the way you do: as long as the baby is doing fine, who cares about weight? How are you feeling in week 9? Easy pregnancy so far or not?

Red I will and I will be checking your post to read the news of your scan too. I am sure you will get a lovely pic :)

It hasn't been the most difficult. Had a constant headache weeks 3 and 4 which is what made me take the test, then no symptoms until the nausea started at 7 weeks. It comes and goes now but no actual sickness so I'm glad of that. In a way I was relieved when the nausea started because it reassured me that things were happening. A bit of breast tenderness, which hubby never seems to remember!! :D How have your pregnancies been so far?
Red - Sorry to hear about your SIL. My friend had a miscarriage and then carried a baby full term who didn't survive. That has definitely affected me and I am scared to take anything for granted. Will your SIL be trying again?

It hasn't been the most difficult. Had a constant headache weeks 3 and 4 which is what made me take the test, then no symptoms until the nausea started at 7 weeks. It comes and goes now but no actual sickness so I'm glad of that. In a way I was relieved when the nausea started because it reassured me that things were happening. A bit of breast tenderness, which hubby never seems to remember!! :D How have your pregnancies been so far?
Red - Sorry to hear about your SIL. My friend had a miscarriage and then carried a baby full term who didn't survive. That has definitely affected me and I am scared to take anything for granted. Will your SIL be trying again?

Oh so sorry to hear about your friend, that's very sad. Yes my SIL and brother are trying, as far as I know. It was hard for them when we announced :( I felt so bad.

These stories make me scared but they are fairly rare so keep positive ladies!

I have been quite lucky so far. No headaches, very tender breasts and yes, my dh never remembers as well and is also thrilled about the size boost, so aouch! Morning nausea but not sickness, much like you, and I was exhausted weeks 5 and 6. I need a lot of sleep during the night as well. I go to bed max at 23:00, usually around 22:00 and will easily sleep till 9:00. I work from home as a writer so I feel grateful that I can enjoy those extra hours! We had a scan at 8 weeks, which went really well and helped me relax for a couple of weeks. Are you having an 8 week scan or your first one is at 12 weeks?

and yes, those stillbirth stories or death-after-birth terrify me too. So sorry for your friend. As my mom said, I have to learn to keep the worry at the back of your mind, because that's how it is once you become a mom. There is always something to worry about.

Good luck to them :)
Yes, let's stay positive Red, you are right! As we said, numbers are on our side and if there are no worrisome symptoms, we have every reason to smile and dream.

Red - Wishing your brother and SIL luck in trying. I can imagine how you must have felt when you had to tell them your news.

Coco - The tiredness is difficult, isn't it? I could have fallen asleep if I stood in one place for too long at the shops today :) You're lucky you can have a long lie in the morning. For some reason, baby has decided that I should wake up wide awake between 4.30 and 5.30 every morning. But I wouldn't change it for anything.

:D Let's hope that is not an indication of what time he/she plans to wake up once they are born :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->