proud I've reached 3 days!

justkitty

First Time Mum
Reaction score
Ok so I know 3 days is nothing compared to some of you but for me this is such a boost to my confidence.

It all went wrong with ds and I gave up bf on day one and expressed and combi fed for a month. It's what I needed to do but I felt like I'd been denied the ability to feed my baby due to blood loss etc.

With my dd I went in pragmatic but I did so much reading so I'd know what was nornlay behaviour etc.

Her latch is shallow and all feeds are excruciating. Some just at thr start and some all the way through as my nipples are awfully blistered now. But I keep trying. My dh has said if I want to swap to ff he would be supportive as he can see how much pain I am in but that he is proud of how I am persevering with bf.

I enjoy most feeds despite pain but I do get fed up of an evening when I am tired and ao my nipples seems to hurt more.

Most importantly my daughter has had all this amazing colostrum!

Congratulations! My aim was 3 days (to beat my last attempt) and today is day 6. I did even look to see if they did a 1 week breastfeeding milestone blinkie :blush:

What helped keep me going today the MW said she had put back on half of what she had lost so we must be doing something right. That might help us get through the next 6-7 hours of cluster feeding we seem to do in the middle of the night. I have forgotton what sleep is!

Keep it up :hugs:

Amazing Mumma!! Well done :thumbup:

I nearly caved at Day 2 :( It was awful, painful, tiring.....but we're through it, and now I wouldn't change it.

Everyday is an amazing achievement, you're doing brilliantly. Grab all the support you can get with both hands :flower:

Well done you! I managed 4 days before falling into the formula top up trap! Keep persevering and you have done so well already!

Yaaay, just keep feeding (to paraphrase Dory from Finding Nemo). You are doing well :hugs: xx

Well done, you're doing great! I hope you're in less pain very soon! :hugs:

Well done momma!

Apply lanolin before and after every feed and keep persevering. Its so worth it in the end. X

Well done!!! Hopefully you will get the help you need to make it a more comfortable experience, but you have done a great job for your LO so far!! Big congratulations - this is the hardest part

keep going guys!!
lots of mums struggle with issues at first then one day it starts getting easier and then the time passes and you're still feeding and giving baby everything it needs.
Well Done!:thumbup:

You know what, there should be a 1 week milestone blinky. Getting through the early days is the hardest bit.

Well i think my LO broke her own cluster feed record with almost 12 hours on and off - finally going to sleep at 3.15 this morning but sleeping for 4 hours!!!! Admitedly that was the only 4 hours I got last night but I'll take that.

I so wanted to quit at about 2am and give her formula. But we don't have any - thank fully otherwise I would have done. I FF DD1 and I must admit DD2 is much more content but not sure if that is just her temprement. I think I would worry as much FF as BF - I am a nightmare.

The other joy - boobs have started to leak much to my OH's horror. I must admit this BF does not make me look at my most attractive with damp patches on my nightshirt and loose boobs here there and everywhere!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->