• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Proud mummy, dd reduced me to tears tonight

smurff

Mummy to Emily and Harry
Reaction score
Hi, I just had to share this, my dd is 3 and a half and has global development delay and learning difficulties and speech delay, she could say poss 1 sentence and about 10/15 words mostly only me and her dad could understand what she was saying . She is always happy and smiling and very very loving. In the last 2wks her speech has exploded, she's just started to say thirsty and actually told me she was hungry!. Tonight after her tea I said to her would you like a yoghurt, she looked at Me and said so clearly... yes please.. thankyou. I just suddenly filled up. I know it's probably not alot to some people but to me and her dad it ment so much more than I could say. Plus she has started saying love you mummy. You can tell she knows she has said something right cause she gives me the biggest smile and starts dancing :happydance:

Well done to her 😊 My son to has speech delay so I know how important every little.word is amd it's funny how when you least expect it they do something like this and reduce you to a snotty wreak lol xx

Fantastic it took my daughter a long time to be able to answer a question like this and the feeling when they do it is amazing x

I understand too - that's fantastic! :) x

awww yey :dance: i 100% understand the emotions in that. my boy didnt talk properly till 4 and it was magical <3

How wonderful. Small things are huge milestones when it comes to us special needs parents! I am longing for the day when I will hear my son speak!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->