proud!!!!

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by bumpty, Dec 21, 2009.

1. bumpty

bumpty 4 boys 1 angel x

well we have not had a easy time feeding and I have nearly given up sooo many times :blush: but Im soooo proud of us this week....lo developed bronchiolitis and we have spent 5 days in hospital, he was in a oxygen tank and been fed through his nose :cry: I thought thats it I was not meant to BF !!! They wanted to feed him every 2 hours through his nose and said they would top up my EBM with formula :cry:

well I managed to get through the whole 5 days pumping and the occasional BF without him having any formula!!!! wooooohooooo for us!! lol

also we both developed thrush in hospital (it never rains but it pours!!) so I think we are bloomin marvellous!!! lol

2. lindak

lindak Well-Known Member

Aw bumpty , I am so sorry to hear he was ill . Congrats on not givin up, breast milk I am sure will help him get better. xxxxx

3. florabean1981

florabean1981 mum to Harry 06/10/09

gosh, well done you! :hugs:

4. polaris

polaris Mother of two

Hi bumpty,
    I'm so sorry to hear that you've been through such a stressful time. I was thinking I hadn't seen you around in a little while.

But well done being so persistant with the b/f, it will have helped so much with LO's recovery too. Hope that he is making a good recovery now, it must have been so frightening. I have been dreading my LO even getting a cold so I can only imagine what you have been going through.

:hug:

5. cleckner04

cleckner04 Well-Known Member

Wow!! :hugs: Sounds like you had an awful time. So happy you made it through hun. You should feel super proud! Many women give up for much smaller reasons so you are a champ! :thumbup:

6. TigerLady

TigerLady CaveTiger Clan Mama

Good job, hon! He is better off for your dedication! :hugs: