Provera & General Questions?

Jenn2722

Reaction score
I was on a 5 day course of Provera from the 13th to the 17th.. Soo.. When am I supposed to get a period?? And my doctor said if I'm pregnant I won't get a period even when I took Provera..

And I started ovulating on the 17th and I'm a couple days deep into that, but I can't feel my cervix now, to figure out if it is soft\hard or open\closed!! And I finally have EWCM, it isn't much but it is there.. It went from watery to EWCM.. And it is very stretchy..

And my periods before Provera are every 70 to 72 day cycle... And I'm on CD67.. Soo in a couple of days I'm supposed to get the good ol' AF...

When I took Provera, my af came two days after my last pill. I have read about women who didn't start af until 14 days after their last pill though, so it can vary greatly.

I'm a bit confused though.. are you saying you ovulated on the 17th, as in the day that you took your last pill? From my understanding Provera is a synthetic form of progesterone. That's why you take it for a few days-- your body builds up the progesterone and then when you stop taking it, the sudden lack of the hormone is what causes your period to start. In order to ovulate you have to have estrogen, so I don't know how you could have ovulated with all that progesterone in your system (it should've prevented ovulation)? I could be wrong- that's just the way my doctor explained it to me because when I began taking it I hadn't yet ovulated and I was worried that I'd ovulate while on the Provera, get pregnant, and then have something go wrong because of the Provera. The doctor said not to worry because I wouldn't ovulate while on it, and that if I was already pregnant before starting it, that it would not cause my period to come.

Anyway, if you think you could be pregnant, the only way to tell for sure is to test. I wish you the best of luck! :)

Ohh... I started bleeding today! Very light, only on tp! Is this how yours started out?

Yes, mine was really light starting out, but it came on quickly after that if that makes sense. I was cramping throughout the day, and when I went to the bathroom there was just a little bit of blood mixed in with my CM, and then by that night it was up to a light flow.

Mine started 2 in the morning & sill spotting.... No cramps, really...

I've read that you can have break through bleeding after taking provera before your actual af starts.. maybe that's what you're experiencing?

I took provera starting last Monday, took it for five days, ending on Friday. I got my AF today!!! super excited because I havnt had AF since the 2nd of December. So my AF started 4 days after last pill. I had minor aches in my breast, and could feel it coming!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->