Puberty age 7

My daughter has had signs of puberty for years and she's just turned 9. She started with body odour then hair under her arms, she now has hair under her arms, legs, between her legs and the start of breast buds. I was 10 when I started my periods so I have prepared her for that but she's a drama queen to say the least so I'm not looking forward to her starting them at all!!

It's been scary for her as most of her friends are not showing any signs at all so think she's felt a bit isolated regarding it all. We went to the docs a couple of years ago but at that stage there wasn't much and they said once she gets to 8 it's early but just the low end of normal.

Good luck!

I see your DD is September 2005 the same as mine. Has your DD ever mentioned about other girls in her class wearing bras? Mine has said that loads of other girls in her class are wearing bras which strikes me as bizarre as 99% of them are pretty flat chested.

Is this the norm, for 8 and 9 year olds to wear bras?

No my daughter doesn't yet although this past couple of weeks I've noticed more development in that area so not sure how long it will be. She has crop tops she occasionally wears but not all the time. There are some girls in her year at school who wear proper bras, one of them has done since they were 6, I'm assuming she has precocious puberty because she really does need one! Think there are a couple of others but as far as I'm aware (and my daughter tells me most things!) the majority don't yet.

All quite scary thinking it could be so young. I started my periods at around 12, my sister was similar. My sisters got two girls and they were around the 12/13 mark too.

I'm probably sprouting rubbish but i would blame the fact it's happening earlier and earlier on the fact that hormones are injected into a lot of meats :)

Rach I think it's def diet related, as in hormones in meats, additives in food, I'm not sure but convinced it is something to do with diet. I was reading something that said it is weight related (over weight children is a bigger issue than ever before) but my daughter and many of the girls that are my friends daughters and hitting puberty around nine are petite little things. That's not to say it has no effect (weight) but I'm not convinced it's the whole answer.

My daughter is so picky and doesnt eat meat, probably stunted it lol but that said I have always been tiny and dont think i had boobs till I was pregnant.

7 seems really young to me. I'm sure I read girls will develop breasts about a year before starting periods. However like others have said they say it's getting younger and I'm inclined to agree with the comment about environment issues hormones being fed to cattle etc I also think hormones could be behind the infertility issues we face too.

With our family it's hereditary, the females down my mums side have started around 10. We all also have early menopause, around the late thirties/early forties.

Yep, I was 10 when I started too so I fully expect my daughter to start her's within the next year or so, not looking forward to it, I have tried to prepare her but she's a dramatic little thing so I know it will be scary for her!

Im excited for my LO to join in the moon blessings. Ive made her a box (though I doubt she will start before 13)

What's a moon blessing? Curious

Aunt Flo

A lunar cycle is 28 days, so is a woman's cycle in theory. Although if it were up to my cycle God only knows what the moon would be doing.

Ah thanks that makes sense! My cycles are all over the place too, haven't had a period for ages and defo not pregnant...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->