Puff vs Shortcrust Pastry

TwilightAgain

LTW for our LO <3
Reaction score
Which would you use?

Usually I use shortcrust pastry when making a corned beef and potato pie (YUM!) but i'm unsure whether to try something different or go with what I know.

Any experiences with puff pastry ladies? If it helps we'll be having it with chips and gravy :happydance:

I always use shortcrust but defo try puff for a nice change, it wont be the end of the world if you dont like it

For a pie you can really use either. I make pork and mushroom pies with puff pastry and they're sooo good. Personally I'm not a big fan of shortcrust though :winkwink:

I make them with both, depending on what I'm in the mood for, though I love using a sheet on puff pastry with some tomato puree, cheese and slices of tomato..Yum :)

I'd give it a try for a change and see how you like it, if you don't you can stick with shortcryst from now on :)

You can use either. Puff pastry is a lot lighter than short crust, and you're least likely to get a good "crisp" from it. I say it suits more of a gravy inside too.

I use short crust for my potato and cornbeef pie, as does MIL.

Thanks ladies, I forgot to check this thread before I went out :dohh: I ended up going for the puff pastry. May as well try it, if not I will learn from this :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->