Puking.. ALL the time.

mBLACK

Mother to one & WTT!
Reaction score
I think I've figured out why Joseph is continuously hungry & needing to eat every 2 hours still!
He throws up nonstop. After I feed him everytime he burps he throws up. After I'm done feeding him, about 30 mins - an hour later he throws up. & I mean LOTS! Sometimes there's chunks of milk/curdled milk in his throw up sometimes just thick thick goo.
He's also sleeping ROUGHLY 21 - 22 hours a day..
Is this normal?:cry:

It could be reflux,I would talk to his doctor. This is how Noah was and GI doctor just dx him with GERD. Some anti reflux med's might help the problem.

I think I've figured out why Joseph is continuously hungry & needing to eat every 2 hours still!
He throws up nonstop. After I feed him everytime he burps he throws up. After I'm done feeding him, about 30 mins - an hour later he throws up. & I mean LOTS! Sometimes there's chunks of milk/curdled milk in his throw up sometimes just thick thick goo.

Wow, that is a lot of hours in a day for him to sleep. Newborns will sleep like that but I've not heard of 2 month olds sleeping that long. However, at the same time, has he always slept like that?

As for throwing up, yes, it does sound like reflux.

I would definitely make an appointment with the doctor and express your concerns.

i agree. the doc should be able to give you something if it is reflux and if not, he/She should be able to give you something for the sickness anyway.

I would say it sounds like reflux yet the sleeping on top would make me concerned ...

I would get an appointment ASAP with the doctore kind of like today or take him to emergency rooms if t hey won't fit you in!!

x

Agree with the others, Hannah doesn't sleep nearly that much, usually 12-16 hours a day, but closer to 12 hours most days

My LO is exactly the same hunny...we can end up changing his clothes up to 5 times a day...after a feed it is advised that you prop your LO up for at least 20mins before laying him down...Goodluck hun...and my LO has got better over time so fingers crossed it will get better...xx

I had the same throwing up with Marlowe. Doctor gave her gaviscon and it's helped her so much. She also sleeps longer at night now with the gaviscon helping her out. I would definitely mention the long sleeping patterns to your doctor or HV. That seems like a lot of sleep at 2 months.

Agree with the others, Hannah doesn't sleep nearly that much, usually 12-16 hours a day, but closer to 12 hours most days

:shock:
Omg, there's no way he's up even 5 hours a day! Today I'm going to keep track of when he poos, pees, the colour, when he throws up & how much, & when he sleeps & wakes up. Hopefully that will help out the doctors.

:shock:
Omg, there's no way he's up even 5 hours a day!

Hannah's never slept well during the day....she takes what I call "power naps" but never for very long...she does sleep at night and sleeps from 8:30 to 7 or so in the morning. I calculated it earlier and she sleeps 14-16 hours on average

I had the same issue with Jaedan and I still do. He spits up a lot after ever feed. It's a lot better now though.

I noticed that it helps to burp them often. Even after that first burp when they feed, try it again, and try keeping him in an up right position for as much as you can (or sitting in a baby chair, swing etc.). The sleeping has me a bit concerned though.

Babies don't usually sleep in that long at that age unless there is something wrong. I agree with the others in regards to seeking medical help. Hope little man gets better soon!! :hugs:

I've noticed many are just fixed on the throwing up ...

I'm sorry hunny but both things together I'd take him down to the GP/baby ward I also wouldn't leave without answers.

x x

Hey Mary,

The reason why your son keep bringing back up the milk is because you're feeding him every 2 hours instead of 3 hours. When he cries within that 2 hour range he's not hungry. I thought the same thing so I would just give Chayil the bottle thinking she's hungry because that's what it appears like.

He's not hungry, he's full of gas inside. The milk hasn't fully processed in his body yet. By us giving them the milk too soon, and it seems as though they take forever to get a burp. It's because the wind is trapped inside their little bodies.

I just got back from my doctor's visit and she ask if I was feeding Chayil every 3 hours and I said "No" every 2 hours and she told me don't feed her every 2 hrs, because they can become colicky. I said "Oh that's the reason why she's not burping properly, and when she does, she brings it back up.

She didn't give me anything for her because this been happening for about 3-4 days now. She's not a colicky baby.

When I got home, I researched about "Gripe Water" It's for babies that has gas/wind trapped inside of them. I had a brand new bottle in the house that my sister gave me. I gave it to Chayil prior towards her feeding at 10:20 pm. In 1 min she gave a good burp, that relieved her instantly.

At 10:30 I fed her, after she finished, she gave a nice burp and went to sleep.

Her next feeding will be 1:30 am
I'm waiting to see if she will get up in that 2 hour range like before. I really thought she was hungry, but I was making it more worst. Adding milk on top of milk.

I recommend you to get something for the gas. He's gassy.

How much oz's is Joseph drinking?

I asked, because my doctor said if my baby is drinking 5 oz, then it's way too much to feed her every 2 hrs.

Hope this helps you.

Mello

I'd personally be careful giving a 2 month old anything for gas....most of the gas medications that I've read up on contain alcohol, they really don't do anything for the gas, but make the baby go to sleep.

Gas never keeps my baby awake - complete opposite!

I really wouldn't assume tbh (no offense) & still advise medical attention.

Are you brest feeding or formula feeding?

My daughter had the same issue when she was born, my doctor said I had no idea what I was talking about since I was a new mom.. but we changed her formula to soy... it helped but not enough... I changed her doctor. Turns out she was severly allergic to the cow proteins and soy protiens she had to be on a hypoallergenic formula until she was a year old... I couldn't even breastfeed because I couldn't eat or drink anything that had milk or soy in it :cry: As far as the sleeping goes my daughter was the same way, it's rather exhausting being bulimic at such a young age unfortunately this is the case. Brooklyn fit into preemie size clothing until she was 6 months old, at 1 year old she would wear 3-6 months...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->