pull out!! how long has it worked for you???

Charliemarina

expecting #4
Reaction score
hey ladies, im currently awaiting for my depo shot to run out (about 5 weeks time) as i cannot stand the side effects, i mean come on iv been bleeding since i had the jab 7 weeks ago :growlmad:, i was thinking to start the normal pill once its run out BUT im not sure its worth it as we are going to be ttc again in around 6 months time....im thinking using pull out and avoiding fertile times would be better, this way i can rid all hormones and hopefully have normal reg cycles by then??

so how long have u girls been using this method?? has it ever not worked for you, poll above lol :)

well ive been using the pull out method for the last two months, last month it worked but i was constantly checking symptoms ect around af time, so it doesnt help in that respect. you that there could be a chance that somehow you get prg, so unlike pills ect you find yourself a little bit on edge!
it did work though, cant really say for this month because at times we have not even used the pull out method.

My husband and I use the pull out method. I haven't gotten pregnant yet! I think that its pretty effective compared to condoms (unless you use condoms correctly- which means penis goes nowhere close to vajayjay without a condom on) But I wouldn't use it unless I was absolutely sure that I am ready for a baby just incase. Actually, DH is expecting it to fail and that I'll get pregnant before our TTC date. We'll see.

I don't know if I count, but I"ve been using a combination of LadyComp and the pull-out method for the past ten months, and I haven't had any scares. As mentioned above, there is always that glimmer of hope that is dashed each month lol but other than that it's worked great!

wee been using that method this month as tbh even tho I'm using non latex as I'm allergic to latex I miss feeling him entirely lol had 2 mishaps tho ...so hopefully af shows her ugly head within the next 4-10 days (cycles abit crazy due to coming off bcp)

Over six years!!! Used bcp on and off through those years but they always made me sick so we have mostly been using pull outs. No mishaps!!

It worked for four years for me until I had a surprise but that happened cuz OH didnt listen when I said k between "this day and this day dont finish inside"... hence... baby Hadlee :haha:

We used this method and first time it failed! Ended in m/c it needless to say won't be relying on it again!

After 6 years on the pill I quit them in April. Since then I've been trying to relearn my body & get regulated, but with that and pulling out (sometimes he will finish inside, if I know I shouldn't be ovulating) and so far no probs! Will let you know if we have a surprise! We are getting married October 2012 so hopefully no surprises before then! Good luck! :flower:

It worked for 7 years for us. The only time I've been pregnant is when we planned it and it took 2 months to get pregnant each time so I'm thinking DH just doesn't pre-ejaculate. :flower:

Been using it for the last few months & had no mishaps so far, although was close last month when I ovulated a few days early & had told dh he didn't need to pull out just 3 days before, but luckily he had pulled out anyway to be safe!!

I think it works when done properly, but there's always a chance your cycle will be unpredictable just once & it could result in pregnancy so don't do it unless you could handle falling pregnant early.

wow!!! so many responses, seems like its quite effective then....think im gonna just let this jab run out and use pull out with charting, thing is i cant really risk falling preg b4 LO is 1 year old as she was my third c-section and i was advised NOT to get preg during the first year, but im thinking if we dont :sex: around ov time (once i get my cycles back ) then by time my cycles are reg again LO should be around a year old anyway then that way we can just NTNP, it took 2 years to conceive LO last time and i opk'ed and charted so im expecting the same next time :)

A couple of months for us, we're pulling out every time though, not just around ov. Still undecided as to whether it's necessary to insist on condoms around ovulating, or not...hubby has very good self-control :haha:

A couple of months for us, we're pulling out every time though, not just around ov. Still undecided as to whether it's necessary to insist on condoms around ovulating, or not...hubby has very good self-control :haha:

hmmmm well i cant say my hubby has good self control, but i think the fact he knows i CANT get preg would help him somewhat lol

OH seems to think pulling out "ruins" HIS part of the fun, ok maybe TMI but he says doing it IN is better than OUT, i said he should count himself lucky he is even getting any HA HA its only been 3 months since i had baby so im not feeling very "sexy" wat with the belly overhang :D, i was just 8 stone b4 i was preg im now 13 :( but im hoping i will lose it naturally within the year like i did the other 2 kiddies ;)

Technically I suppose the last year as I refuse to go back on the pill but I find it safer to just not have sex :)

Technically I suppose the last year as I refuse to go back on the pill but I find it safer to just not have sex :)

i feel the same way, i hated getting the jab as i dont like hormone contraceptives and they dont like me either, im defo not gonna start the pill once this jab is runs out, i got funny feeling this 1 jab i did have is gonna mess me up for bit :(

i know many many women irl who have used this method and failed.

thing is i suppose its also a matter of using the method properly, im thinking to pull out EVERY time we :sex: and no :sex: around ovulation time.
alot of people use pull out but have accidents i mean dont get me wrong accidents will always happen :haha: but if you track ur cycle and pull out at time your not fertile then i can see it working well, before we ttc our newest lil one we used pull out but only at ov time, it worked fab for the 3 months we used it but we started ttc after 3 months as we only had a break due to me having a mc :(

hmmmm well i cant say my hubby has good self control, but i think the fact he knows i CANT get preg would help him somewhat lol

OH seems to think pulling out "ruins" HIS part of the fun, ok maybe TMI but he says doing it IN is better than OUT, i said he should count himself lucky he is even getting any HA HA its only been 3 months since i had baby so im not feeling very "sexy" wat with the belly overhang :D, i was just 8 stone b4 i was preg im now 13 :( but im hoping i will lose it naturally within the year like i did the other 2 kiddies ;)

Lol, he lost all his self-control this morning so I'm now 2WW-ing, as I'm due to ovulate today or tomorrow! :dohh:

I do worry about the pulling out spoiling his fun, so to speak...but it's either that or condoms, so I know what he's going to say :haha:

After this 2WW, if I get a negative pregnancy test, I am going to do this properly, i.e. temping and observing CM, for extra reassurance until we are actually TTC, which should only be in a few months or so anyway. :happydance:

We used it for probably 6+ months until a couple times one month DH didn't pull out. Oops! I got pregnant, but ended in mc. Now we are kind of trying and after #2, he will get fixed so we won't have to worry about anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->