Pull out method oopsie

There's a 25% chance of pregnancy with each cycle, if you're actively trying and if the whole ejaculation goes into your cervix. As it stands, only having a little, the chances are significantly lower, but obviously there's no way to tell.

Some people say the pull-out method is crazy if you aren't TTC, because "you will get pregnant", but we were using the pull-out method for 8 years and never had a pregnancy scare. Because everyone insisted it was unreliable, infertility crossed my mind, but when we started TTC, we got pregnant after 2 months, so who knows?

Some people are saying their OH doesn't pull out in time and that has resulted in pregnancy scares, or even pregnancy. I don't really get why the guys can't withdraw a few seconds earlier? Can't they finish off by hand? It's not the same, I know, but they will also argue that pulling out isn't the same as staying inside for the orgasm as well as the run-up to it, so what's the difference. If they want to stay inside for longer they can wear a condom :shrug:

There's a 25% chance of pregnancy with each cycle, if you're actively trying and if the whole ejaculation goes into your cervix. As it stands, only having a little, the chances are significantly lower, but obviously there's no way to tell.

Some people say the pull-out method is crazy if you aren't TTC, because "you will get pregnant", but we were using the pull-out method for 8 years and never had a pregnancy scare. Because everyone insisted it was unreliable, infertility crossed my mind, but when we started TTC, we got pregnant after 2 months, so who knows?

That's good to know!! I worry about my own fertility since I have never had an accident up until earlier this month (I'll be happy if it's a pregnancy tho!)... thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

same happend to me and my DH a week ago.
We DTD while I was ovulating, and my husband said that he doesn't withdrawals on time , most of the time.
I just figured out I was ovulating then, cause im a first @ charting my bbt.
Now we are NTNP, and we'd both be happy if we got pregnant!!
But I just doubt I'll get pregnant this way though..but you never know!
Good luck with the wait!

I can't wait to see how it turns out for you!

Some people are saying their OH doesn't pull out in time and that has resulted in pregnancy scares, or even pregnancy. I don't really get why the guys can't withdraw a few seconds earlier? Can't they finish off by hand? It's not the same, I know, but they will also argue that pulling out isn't the same as staying inside for the orgasm as well as the run-up to it, so what's the difference. If they want to stay inside for longer they can wear a condom :shrug:

As for us, my husband and me love dtd without a condom, we wouldn't mind getting pregnant, we'd be very happy.
We have a mentality of not trying not preventing, but my husband doesn't want to actively start trying just yet.
He sometimes doesn't pull out in time cause he get's caught up in the act, that doesn't mean that we're irresponsible or anything, it just means that we have the mentality of whatever happens happens.
We'd both love a baby, my husband isn't ready just yet to actively start trying..and to us actively start trying is not pulling out at all..
What we're doing now is NTNP to us.. so him not pulling out in time isn't a big deal.

Pull out worked great for us, got us a BFP in no time (surprise and unplanned, but still...).

I think you could definitely get pregnant, if you're ok with that, then that's alright, but if it's not the right time, then I would personally take the morning after pill. Otherwise you may have to get a termination, which is much much worse IMO than just getting the morning after pill.
I know that when I get pregnant I really don't want it to be an "accident" or "surprise". I would much rather have the time planned carefully. And be emotionally prepared.

Oh wow. Well, hey it happens right ?
Ive heard it could happen . I wouldnt worry too terribly much tho .

Good Luck !~

In my opinion, the morning after pill and an abortion are the same thing, so both of those are things I would never consider. If I got pregnant, I would be soo happy, not upset.

And so far, no AF, but I've been feeling her coming for a few days now. Been having cramping and I keep thinking she came but she hasn't yet. Probably in the next couple days though. =(

In my opinion, the morning after pill and an abortion are the same thing, so both of those are things I would never
consider

i have to agree!!

I agree too, to some extent, but I would still rather take the morning after pill than get an abortion. I'm not against the morning after pill. In an abortion, they cant do it as soon as you find out you are pregnant. They have to wait so that he "ball of cells" can grow big enough to be vacuumed out. This wait can be weeks. Also a termination can damage the cervix and cause problems with future pregnancies.
I know I would much rather take the morning after pill. I would also much rather that the timing of my pregnancy was carefully planned, rather than a "accident" with the pull out method. But that's just IMO and we're all different.

But JustJill, I'm also confused, I don't mean to sound rude, but if you really do want a baby and you're sure that now is the right time, then how come you were using the pull out method in the first place? Wouldn't you be TTC? Either you want a baby or you don't?

I was using the rhythm method and then realised that I couldn't count! We had been using it for over a year and nothing had gone wrong so I guess that we had got caught up in the moment and then oops. I guess I had started to think that I couldn't get pregnant! Anyway, now that i'm re-thinking my priorities i'm going back on the pill for the wedding (using condoms every time till then to try and achieve something new - haha!) well they are certainly driving me crazy so it definitely will be special when we don't have to put them back on!

I really hope that you get the result you are looking for! x

We have used the pull-out method for all the time we have been together (4 years) except obviously when I have been pregnant. And it works fine for us except when he doesn't pull out, which results in babies lol.

Amy_2: I would like a baby now. My baby fever has been going on for years. He wants to wait, though. I agree with all the reasons that he wants to wait, like getting married first, buying a house together (atm we live in my apartment), but I can't stop wanting a baby! So all I can hope for now is an accidental baby...

We ended up moving abroad to where my husband's family live, because if we'd stayed in the UK we could never have afforded a baby. We were renting privately, and in the private leases they all say "no pets or kids", so we would have been chucked out if we'd stayed. We were earning above the threshold for council housing, so that wasn't an option, and the banks won't even consider us for a mortgage :nope: And in the UK you can only ever scrape by on what you earn. Here we earn slightly less, but things are cheaper so we have more for the baby. It's stupid, because now I'm away from all my family and friends :shrug:

Celesse: I'm not exactly sure when it's due. I just came off the pill two months ago. About 28 days after stopping it I had my first real period. But my cycles before going on the pill were about 30-33 days long. I thought AF would come on Wednesday but it hasn't. I had some cramping a few days ago and I really thought AF came but when I went to the bathroom - nothing. I've noticed the veins on boobs which normally show up before it comes, but no real symptoms.

I took a test yesterday just for the hell of it and it was a clearly negative. But I'm not out till AF comes, right? :)

Well, AF came today. So no baby for me right now. The more I think about it though, I realize it would be better to wait until we're married, have a house and all that good stuff, and then we can really ttc. And when it happens it will be just the right time. =)

:hugs: Glad you're optimistic about it all. And you're right, it'll be so perfect once you've got those other worries out the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->