Pulling, Splitting When I Move Please Help

WhisperGirl

Roll on February 2025
Reaction score
This is my seventh pregnancy, fifth baby and I have a severe diastasis recti (split apart tummy muscles) from the other four. I'm 23 weeks and just today, every time I try to move, my muscles feel like they're ripping in different parts of my tummy! It's painful for the time while it's happening but then it's ok, but it's every time I move and it's really worrying me.

Any ideas? My muscles are already split so is this more splitting?

Thanks

I dont know but that sounds so painful, I'm sorry! You should call your doctor and make sure they think everything is okay

The "relaxin or pregnancy hormone" your body produces effects bones and muscles, this is completely normal please don't panic, it feels horrible, but its your body making room for the baby xxx hope this helps.

I have this also, I currently have a 4 finger gap and wear a tuber grip support. I see a physio and there is nothing you can do other than try to not use the muscles. They can't do anything until after you have the baby is born. I know exactly how you feel, it's horrible and looks weird when you use the muscles. Just try and avoid using the muscles as much as possible

Thanks girls! That was really helpful what you all said. I too wear a tubi grip and supports and have a wheelchair. I have horrible SPD too. Gotta be more careful xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->