• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pulmonary Artery Banding

vixxen

Mom of 4
Reaction score
Has anyone babies had this done?,what age and weight?
My daughter will be having this soon and the holes fixed later on.

My LO doesn't need this, but I happen to be a physician assistant specializing in pediatric cardiology. We often do pulmonary artery banding as a first step to limit overflow of blood to the lungs. It can be done very early on (within days or weeks of birth) if needed to prevent pulmonary congestion, but the docs will want to see if your LO can gain as much weight as possible before undergoing the procedure.

I'm not sure what your baby's exact diagnosis is (TOF?) but would be happy to chat more if you'd like.

Thanks for replying my daughter had her surgery last month as she had heart failure and was not thriving. She has multiple VSD's. Hopefully the smaller holes will close on there own as she gets bigger, but the bigger one requires surgery to close it later on.

Oh I'm a goof! Didn't see how long it had been since your post!

Glad all is well and good luck with the upcoming repair :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->