pulmonary hypertension

clairec81

Reaction score
Hi just looking for advice. Erin is going in on wed for a cardiac catheter to determine the presures in her heart and lungs and see if she has pulmonary hypertension. Wee bit of info - she had a pda that was said to be closed at 4 months but was spotted again and 10 months and by 11 months she was operated on as it was very large (8mm). Theyy said at the time that it could have damaged her lungs and only time would tell. Anyway all echo's and ecg's look pretty normal but she had rsv in feb and she needed some o2. She got stuck on a trickle. Her paed did an x=ray and noticed small lungs (this fits perfectly as i was diagnosed with low fluid at 19 weeks and had PROM at 24 weeks - they were sure her lungs wouldn't be viable but she was only ventilated for 6hrs) anyway her paed thinks her small lungs just need a bit of a boost esp when she's unwell. Her sats when well are pretty normal but drop when she has a cold etc. So up to date we have been on full time home o2 awaiting this cath procedure and its now next wed and i'm terrified, Pulmonary Hypertension does not make for good reading but i know as with everything there is a scale. So anyway if your still with me after all that info and loooonnnggg post then any info or experiences would be gratefully recieved.
Thanks!

Sorry don't have any advice but just wanted to wish you both luck for Wednesday. :hugs: :hugs:

Hey sorry we don't have any info or advice either but hoping all goes well and sending you lots of hugs. :hugs:

Im the same dear, no experience, Jessica has a problem with her pulmonary valve that will probably need a catheter op but totally different situation from Erins. Wishing you well for Wed and will be thinking of you. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->