pump advice!!!

babyplease01

Reaction score
I can't find a pump with good reviews besides the medela one, and the medela one has problems with milk backup in the tubing and I don't want to pay $300 for that when so many of the less pricey ones don't do that. Do any of you ladies have a preference?? I'm in the US, if that makes a difference.

I have a medela and don't have a problem with milk backup in the tubes, but if i was able to get a different one, i would get a hygeia since it's a closed system and i've heard good things about their pumps.

Hygenia would be my preferred, but I have an Ameda because it was available locally. Both are closed systems.

There is no way to know for sure if little milk particles have made it into the motor or not, the fact is medela is not a closed system.

Also, most health insurances cover the cost of a pump now so i would check into that as well.

I have an Ameda Purely Yours Ultra and I really like it.

I've tried a few different pumps, both electric and manual. For electric, I've tried the Ameda Purely Yours (hated it) and the Medela Pump In Style (better but still hated it). For manual, I tried Medela Harmony (loved it) and then the Lansinoh Momma (LOOOOOVED it).

With the Ameda Purely Yours, the suction was either too much or too little and I could spend 30 minutes per side and only get like 1.5 to 2 ounces. It was painful and beyond frustrating. Essentially the same thing happened with the Medela Pump In Style. I couldn't control the speed or vary it as needed which was no good.

The manual pumps worked WAY better for me, and specifically the Lansinoh Momma I found to be even better and way easier to assemble and clean than the Medela Harmony. I pump at work and the manual is easy to disassemble and carry in a bag in my purse. You also don't have to keep buying replacement membranes like you do for the Medela pumps so that's a HUGE plus, I can't tell you how many times I went to pump with the Medela and stressed out because the membrane I was using looked like it might be wearing out, or broke, or I couldn't remember with my foggy mommy brain where the heck I put the bag of replacement membranes etc. etc. etc.

So all in all Lansinoh is the most effective, cheapest, easiest to maintain and most convenient, in my opinion! Don't spend $300. Electric pumps suck in my opinion and NOT in a good way ;)

With my DD I was given a very clean lightly used First years double electric and it did an excellent job and not so expensive as other brands so I'd suggest this one if cost is a problem ... This time around I will be using a Medela in-style because my insurance covers the cost 100%. DEFINITELY call and speak to your insurance to see if they cover you first. Most insurance providers don't list it openly so you have to call them and ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->