Pumping advice

Reaction score
So I finally got a hands free pumping bra which makes pumping a whole lot easier! I have struggled with bf since my baby was born. We made it to 3 months, and I am really proud of that! I'm trying to get my milk supply up so I can hopefully get him off the bottle. How often should I be pumping? I am trying to pump every two hours for a few days. He is 3 months old, should I still pump every two hours or just pump when he eats which is every 3 hours. Also, I start pumping 2 hours after I last started pumping not when I finish pumping right? How long does it take before I should get more milk in if I pump often? I heard if is 3 days is that true? Also, how do you know you have the right size for your nipples (the thing that your nipple goes in, not sure what it's called? How do you know what strength to use? I barely get any milk (like half an ounce or less) so I put it at the highest setting. I told my friend and she freake out because she thought it was too high. Should I have it at a lower setting whether or not I'm producing milk or not?

I would pump every 2 hours but im not sure about size and strength of pump.

I was using the flanges that came with my pump, a medela in style, which were a medium. I used them for 3 weeks and my nipples were sore after each pumping (I'm pumping every 2-3hrs as well to keep my supply up as we are also having trouble bf). I did some reading up and learned that your nipples should be able to move freely in the tube/not rub against the sides, which mine WERE doing. I went out and bought a large and it's much better now!

I also started drinking yogi nursing support tea and taking a nursing supplement that has fenugreek and lots of other good herbs for boosting your supply. I think it's helping!

So it's been a day and a half of pumping every two hours ( I didn't pump at night) and I have pumped just over an ounce total. I hope I start producing more :| ever since I started pumping do much my baby will only nurse for 2-3 minutes, max 5. Is that normal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->