Pumping and return of cycles (LAM)

JAJuly2013

Mom and Wife
Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone have experience with LAM while exclusively pumping?
My son was born prematurely at 28 weeks on Feb 14th and he is still in the NICU. I have been on a pumping schedule of every 3 hours including overnight since he was born.
As of yesterday, he started "nippling" so that we can try breast feeding soon. He is on a nasal cannula which provides pressure to help keep his lungs open. The pressure he is on is too high to allow for nursing at the moment. So I'm not sure when I'll actually be able to start nursing him.
In the past breast feeding has not gone well for me. Neither has pumping. So my period has always returned around 4 weeks postpartum. This time around pumping I going much better and I have made enough milk that my son only gets my breast milk and does not need to be supplemented with formula.
I had 2 weeks of bleeding after my son's birth. I stopped bleeding for 2 weeks and then spotted for a couple days. Then had light to moderate bleeding for 5 or so days. That was on March 18th. Since then I have not had any bleeding and I'm over a week late for AF. I have checked and I am not pregnant.
So is there a chance I am not ovulating yet because of pumping?

Totally a chance you aren't yet! Especially if you're pumping every three hours and not sleeping through the night. My periods were irregular after my first kiddo for a while so they could just be weird right now as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->