pumping at work routine?

vkj73

Reaction score
I am going back to work Monday.:nope: and it's been 5 years since I last pumped at work.

I'd like to hear how other mamas store their milk to have ready for day care.

Questions:

1. After you pump into bottles, do you keep the milk in the bottles until you get home? Or do you transfer the milk into bags at work?

2. At work, do you store milk in a cooler or the fridge? I'm thinking I'd store the milk in the cooler, in the fridge, as to be discreet.

3. Do you clean the pump parts at work, or wait until you're at home?

4. I'm assuming it's ok to transfer milk from cooler to freezer once I'm home.

I'd greatly appreciate any tips, advice, words of encouragement, etc you can offer.

Thank you!!! :hugs:

Questions:

1. i usually took 3-4 bottles and did 3 pump sessions. I put the first pump session worth of milk into bags and then sometimes the second. The third i just left in the bottles to use for the next day.

2. i stored my milk in a cooler with my info on it.

3. I rinsed my pump parts after each pump session but then stored them in the fridge for the rest of the day and washed in the evening.

4. Yep, you can put it in the freezer when you get home or within a week or so after it's pumped.

It can be difficult but i think pumping at work is worth it. Get a handsfree bra or tank if you don't have one already. Try not to stress too much!

this is super helpful.

thank you:)

1. After you pump into bottles, do you keep the milk in the bottles until you get home? Or do you transfer the milk into bags at work?
My job has a lactation room, so I keep the bottles in the refrigerator there. We have had issues in the past with people stealing lunches...

2. At work, do you store milk in a cooler or the fridge? I'm thinking I'd store the milk in the cooler, in the fridge, as to be discreet. I store it in the refrigerator in the room. I think there are only two other women breastfeeding, and I am the only one who works weekends, so I have the fridge all to myself.

3. Do you clean the pump parts at work, or wait until you're at home? Always clean the parts thoroughly, but I am on a very strict time limit, so I usually don't dry.

4. I'm assuming it's ok to transfer milk from cooler to freezer once I'm home. I hope so... I always do! :D

I have two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch, so for my breaks it's pretty tight. I only get to pump for 10 minutes, then I have to clean and set things back up. Unfortunately, I usually also stop for water and have to use the bathroom, so I almost always go over my breaks by 5 minutes. :(

I pump 15-20 minutes for my lunch. I usually end up eating at my desk while working.

I leave the milk in bottles. When I get home I either transfer into bags to freeze or just leave in the bottles and put in the fridge.

2. At work, do you store milk in a cooler or the fridge? I'm thinking I'd store the milk in the cooler, in the fridge, as to be discreet.

I keep my milk and pump parts in a lunch box and put it in the fridge. The fridge I use is in the kitchen at work so I figured it would be better to have it all in a bag.

3. Do you clean the pump parts at work, or wait until you're at home?
I don't clean my parts between pump sessions. I put them in a ziploc and they go in the fridge. They then get washed each night.

4. I'm assuming it's ok to transfer milk from cooler to freezer once I'm home.

Yes, that's fine! Or you can leave in the fridge for up to a week if you're going to use it in that time frame.

Thanks everyone. I'm slowly getting in a groove. I actually like that pumping at work forces me to take a break :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->