Pumping blinkies?

SoupDragon

Mum of 1, LTWTT #2
Reaction score
I've been having a google and can't find anything...does anyone know if there are signature blinkies for pumping milestones, like there are for bf-ing? I'm not exclusively pumping so can't use those, and I don't feel like I'm entitled to use the breastfeeding ones, since I'm not feeding my DD directly from the breast.

Thank you :)

You are feeding her breastmilk, from your breasts, you are perfectly entitled to use the breastfeeding blinkies.

I had to go back to work at 12 weeks, so A TON of my breastfeeding was actually pumping. If no pumping moms used the breastfeeding blinkies, there would be a lot less people using them...

Oh, I didn't think of it that way at all...I hope no-one takes offence at what I posted, as I didn't mean it like that :/ I felt that way because I have never been able to nurse DD as she has a tongue-tie and can't latch, so I've never really felt like a breastfeeding mum, unlike those who are pumping because they're back at work or have preemies, if that makes sense?

I just want to say also, thank you for saying that - it means a lot to me, as I still haven't made my peace with not being able to nurse.

Oh no problem, I've seen the question before! You should definitely be proud to be giving your daughter your breastmilk, even if it's different than you expected. Having to pump is definitely hard, I had to pump for DS when he was in the NICU too, because he was small and couldn't latch.

Definitely something to be proud of :D

I can't imagine the worry of having a baby in the NICU...my DD had low blood sugar at birth so they had to keep taking blood from her, which was bad enough :/

On thinking about it, you are exactly right - I am d**n proud of persisting with expressing...especially as everyone who knows about it thinks I'm crazy and can't understand why I'm still doing it. It is not what I hoped to be doing, and it is freaking hard work, but it makes me feel better to know she is getting some breastmilk. So I have added a blinky to my signature and am feeling very proud of it!

I can't imagine the worry of having a baby in the NICU...my DD had low blood sugar at birth so they had to keep taking blood from her, which was bad enough :/

On thinking about it, you are exactly right - I am d**n proud of persisting with expressing...especially as everyone who knows about it thinks I'm crazy and can't understand why I'm still doing it. It is not what I hoped to be doing, and it is freaking hard work, but it makes me feel better to know she is getting some breastmilk. So I have added a blinky to my signature and am feeling very proud of it!

It wasn't something I was prepared for at all, I don't think many people are. It's something that just gets thrown on you and you have to deal, I don't think I had time to worry as much as people think you would. I was kind of numb and shocked at first, like going through the motions. I was determined to breastfeed though, it was the only part of my "birth plan" and what I had planned that I could make happen. I pumped myself into oversupply! It was only 18 days and he was mostly just a grower/feeder, he had a little jaundice at first but his lungs and stuff were healthy and he had no infections or problems. Just tiny and couldn't feed well yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->