pumping enough milk?

Hotbump

SAHM, student, & wife :)
Reaction score
For those who pumped. ..how many ounces would you get when baby was around 2 weeks old? How often did you pumped? I only got 1.5oz in 30 minutes (15minutes each breast) is this good or bad?

Is that on top of feeding or exclusively expressing?

1.5 oz on top of feeding is a lot. What is your reason for pumping?

My baby boy has this biting reflex at the end of each feeding eventhough his latch is perfect at the end he would seem to almost let go and when he got to the nipple to let go he would bite down for about 10 seconds that left my right nipple cracked....so im pumping every now and then just to give myself a break from the pain (he doesn't always do it but nipple is now cracked) but he's almost always feed directly from the breast.

Im not planning on pumping all the time just until i can get nipples shields and my right breast heals.

I see, so is the pumping replacing a missed nursing session then?

The biting thing sounds strange. I've never heard of that. Have you spoken to a LC about it?

Yup, im pumping in time for his next feed so he has fresh milk. I read that they do it when they are bored sometimes but the more im searching i think his thrush has passed on to me and that might be the reason why my nipple is cracked as im showing all the signs of thrush now :-(

At 2-3 weeks old I don't think he'd be doing it out of boredom. I know older babies do that, but 2-3 weeks is too young to be getting bored! He's not even really aware of the world yet. I hope it's not thrush, but either way I hope you get it fixed soon :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->