PUPPS, allergies, something else?

gezimmom

Reaction score
I'm having a terrible time with itchy skin. It really affects my stomach, hands, and legs. I checked with Dr. Google :)dohh:) and I don't really have raided bumps so it's probably not pupps. It comes and goes (it is red), and itches so badly in covered in bruises from it. I already use free and clear everything (I have a fragrance allergy), and my skin isn't dry (but I tried using extra lotion just in case to no avail). It's worse at night. Any suggestions? I see a doctor today, but it isn't my normal doctor.

Get a blood test to be checked for Cholestasis.

I had PUPPPS with my first pregnancy and that was pure torture. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!

You could try an oatmeal bath. I know they make bath packs for it but I ended up buying oatmeal and putting it in some pantyhose and sitting in a bath like that for as long as I could just to help. My doctor also said it was safe to take Benadryl and that again helped but didn't cure the issue.

Your best bet is to just talk to any doctor about it even if its not your normal doctor. Good luck and I hope something helps you!

I'm feeling tested for cholestasis tomorrow morning. My blood pressure was very low, and they are concerned with the amount of bruising on my legs (from the itching) so they are also doing a cbc.

All my blood work is normal! (except for my albumin, which is a protein... That was low). I'm just that percent of pregnant women that have random, severe itching.

I had terrible itching with my son, made my skin on my stomach bleed in the night scratching as it was worse then. Had a blood test but all normal, was itchy right til the end but it cleared up really quick once he was born x Try ice packs on the worst bits and cold flannels x

I had puppps with my first. Nothing eased up the itching besides a warm shower and even that didn’t completely help. It covered my body everywhere except privates and face! Dandelion root did help keep it from continuously getting worse because even Benadryl didn’t help me! Good luck! Hope it’s not puppps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->