Pupps!?!?!?! Itch from H-E-Double Hockey Sticks!

Cewsbaby

Mom of 2 boys! Hoping for a 3rd
Reaction score
Ok seriously, anyone who has suffered with this crap has my deepest sympathy! It is worse than any other type of itch I have ever had!

The only relief I have had is when I soak in a bath with oatmeal but I cant stay in the bath forever. I would if I could believe me! I wake up at night because my belly itches so bad and I am not getting any sleep!

I have tried cortisone, aloe, diaper rash paste, gold bond extra strength body powder, coco-butter lotion, coconut oil, dermaplast, and soon (when hubby gets home) Benadryl! I dont think I can last another week or weeks with this itch! I feel like I am going to lose my mind. Has anyone had this and found something that helps? I have an appointment tomorrow and will ask my doctor but beyond sleeping in my bathtub tonight I am out of ideas!

Is it just your belly that is itchy? I was diagnosed with cholestasis and had the most intense itch on my hands, feet and legs. It was especially bad at night. No over the counter creams helped me at all. Ice packs did help to numb the itchy areas, but I doubt you want to sleep with an ice pack on your belly. Good luck!

I'm going crazy too. It's just the area of skin under my belly button. Cool washcloths help a little. I'm seeing my doc tomorrow too - I hope he can suggest something useful.

Is it just your belly that is itchy? I was diagnosed with cholestasis and had the most intense itch on my hands, feet and legs. It was especially bad at night. No over the counter creams helped me at all. Ice packs did help to numb the itchy areas, but I doubt you want to sleep with an ice pack on your belly. Good luck!

Yep its just my belly. I did take some benadryl earlier and that seems to have helped some but now the itch is back. Im going to talk to my Dr tomorrow and see what she says I can do.

I'm going crazy too. It's just the area of skin under my belly button. Cool washcloths help a little. I'm seeing my doc tomorrow too - I hope he can suggest something useful.

Thats how mine started. Just one spot and now its basically my entire belly a week later.

Last pregnancy my bbs were incredibly itchy that I couldn't sleep for weeks and nothing worked. Everyone had suggestions and insisted I try so-and-so cream (which I already had and it made things worse!). In the end I was referred to a dermatologist who prescribed a topical cortisteroid for a few days and then calamine. I was better within a week.

This time I had the dreaded itch and was at first given some allergy pills. They helped me sleep a little but didn't make the itching go away. It was in the lower half of my scalp mostly but other parts as well. A dermatologist said he doesn't see anything wrong with my scalp that could cause the itching and prescribed the topical corticosteroid that I took last time. I used it for a few days and the itch went away.

Last pregnancy my bbs were incredibly itchy that I couldn't sleep for weeks and nothing worked. Everyone had suggestions and insisted I try so-and-so cream (which I already had and it made things worse!). In the end I was referred to a dermatologist who prescribed a topical cortisteroid for a few days and then calamine. I was better within a week.

This time I had the dreaded itch and was at first given some allergy pills. They helped me sleep a little but didn't make the itching go away. It was in the lower half of my scalp mostly but other parts as well. A dermatologist said he doesn't see anything wrong with my scalp that could cause the itching and prescribed the topical corticosteroid that I took last time. I used it for a few days and the itch went away.

Well I have an appointment today and I hope that the doctor will give me/tell me what to take so this stops. I woke up after about 2 hours of sleep with benadry and a sleeping pill itching like crazy. Then low and behold at 5 am I woke up to a massive clear out... hoping this might mean things are progressing but I highly doubt it. So I am running on little to no sleep and have to drive an hour away for my appt. May stop and get some calamine lotion on the way home. Nothing else has worked.

Doctor confirmed that I do indeed have the dreaded PUPPPS rash! She prescribed me zantac and told be to keep taking benadryl on top of that for the itching. She said there really isnt anything they can do for it (which I read everywhere its pretty much there until birth) and to maybe try cold compresses on my stomach.

Ooh that sounds awful! Feel so bad for you Hun. Really hoping you manage to find your way to sooth it.

Xxx

Calamine lotion seems to help a little bit with the itch. It could just be a factor of everything that I am doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->