Pupps??

lindsinc

Mom&Expecting#2
Reaction score
Has anyone on here ever had pupps? I'm 7 weeks along (we think) and I've noticed horribly itch bumps on my stomache and side. Of course I start looking it up and all I find is info on PUPPS. This is terrible already!! I've scratched my skin raw and it still itches. I thought I was only 7 weeks along but I feel huge already and my periods havent been normal since my mirena came out and we don't get an ultrasound for several more weeks. Anyways! Has any one else had pupps this early? What in the world did you do to relieve the itch? I'm going crazy over here :wacko: should I call my doctor in the morning and ask them about it? I really feel like I might be over reacting but at the same time I want relief. This itch sucks.

I had pupps in the later stages of my pregnancy...started at 36weeks and it was horrendous. So I really feel for you. Yes speak with your midwife...to be honest I got very little in the way of relief. Cool showers, oatmeal baths, creams. Eventually I has a steroid cream which I think was given to me once I had my son. I still have scars over my body where I scratched.

I really hope you get sorted and here's hoping its not pupps...it may be an allergy to something?

All the best xxxx

My face is so itchy and my scalp but it seems to be causing spots (im not usually a spotty person). I have read up on Pupps too and think its much later in pregnancy, it could just be your hormones and the increased level of blood in your system, thats what Im putting mines down to xx

I just I had something similar happen to me this weekend. Not sure if yours are similar but mine are raised red bumps, some of them pretty big in diameter, like welts! Mine are on my stomach, side, and down my bottom and thighs :( Kept me up all night Saturday!

I have taken an oatmeal bath, and am also taking benadryl and claritin (doc said those were safe yesterday). I am going in for an appt anyways today, and the doc said she would check it out then. I really REALLY hope there is some magical solution... because they are driving me crazy! :growlmad:

I had what I think was PUPPS at about 14 weeks with my DS. It was really horrible. It went away after about 4 weeks, thought it might last the whole pregnancy at the time. Used dandelion pills and Grandpa Tar Soap. I did go to see the GP about it but ended up not needing any treatment. They did give me some ointment for it. Happens more often when carrying a boy!

I'm hoping this is just an allergy or something with my hormones that will go away. I cant imagine this for 33 more weeks. I called my OB and they cant get me in any sooner so I'm just going to have to tough it out. I'm going to change my soaps and try benadryl and see if that help. I looked things up last night and seen the stuff about dandelion pills and the soap. If things dont clear up soon I'll give that a try. I could be alot farther along than I think. I had a faint positive in June but started bleeding a few days after and figured it was a chemical or false positive. So I never went to the doctor, then I took another test last month and suprise! Lol. We'll find out on the 30th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->