Purchasing stuff for baby..

B

became

Has anyone dared to buy anything big, like a pushchair yet? I'm 10 weeks, and I've heard baby's heartbeat everyday since last week on my Doppler. I've also had a scan, and seen the heartbeat. I've found my ideal pushchair, and I want to buy it ASAP as I'm setting up a payment plan on it, instead of just buying it outright as I can't afford to do that.. (Single mum of soon to be two!) I'm scared if I buy it, I'll jinx the pregnancy and something will go wrong :( what's my chances? What would you do? If you have brought anything yet, what? So far, all we have is a tiny vest! I couldn't resist with that one.. X

My honest opinion- things can go wrong at any stage of pregnancy as I know too well.
Go ahead and buy it, it's not going to jinx your pregnancy x

I know some girlies on here have already bought their pushchairs! I'm watching one on eBay, it's in excellent condition and less than £100... Nothing will jinx your pregnancy hun xxx

I'm 12 weeks on Monday and have bought our pushchair socks hat set and muslin squares and a babygrow so far! Like the previous lady said things can happen at any stage! So why not get excited about it! Enjoy x

To put a different perspective on it....we didn't buy anything until 20 weeks....we've just shelled out a lot on money on stuff and because we don't have as long to go, we have to shell out again next month....rather than wait for a couple months. In hindsight I would have bought stuff a bit earlier :) x

We bought a crib at 8 weeks - lol. (It was used and was only $50 from a family friend, so it was a great deal... otherwise we probably wouldn't have bought a crib so early)

We have bought several little bits of clothes, crib sheets, etc. I am due the first week of February and we have Christmas and our DD#1's birthday in December, so the end of the year will be tough financially. We want to have as much bought as possible before then.

We are not superstitious people. We are choosing to be excited, rather than live in fear of something going wrong :)

Haven't bought anything yet for this little bug, but my brother is having a little girl on Aug. 21st and I picked out this adorable Corduroy jacket for her...but I am dead set this bug is a lady and I wanna keep it so bad...I just may, I haven't told my sister in law or brother about it, haha. Bad I know :dohh: But tooo darn cute.

Besides we have our crib from the first and the high chair...just may need a new cover for it is all and new mattress for crib.

Im not gna start buyin untill iv had my scan which is weds hurry up loool

I've decided I'm going to wait to buy the pushchair until we've had our 12 week scan, that's only 2 weeks away so it's not too bad! I have been naughty and brought a few more clothes.. :haha: Now I've hit 10 weeks, and can still hear baby's heartbeat strongly on my Doppler, I'm not worrying too much about something going wrong!

I bought a gorgeous little white sleep suit today in mothercare! Just could not resist!!!!

We are finding out the gender in 4 weeks time and I will buy more when I know that!
It's so exciting!!! X x x

We bough a pale lemon baby grow and a hat fro Ralph Lauren when we were in America. I was about 5 weeks then :haha:

I also agree with the above opinion that things can go wrong at ANY point. What pram is it?

We still have one from our daughter and though I don't like it I'm not bothering buying a new one. I love the look of the new Silver across ones but not spending the money when we have a perfectly OK pram still...!

Not buying yet but started to look on eBay at prams. Looked at lots of clothes and think I will buy some when we find out gender.

I've brought a couple of clothes bits, some muslin cloths, nappies wipes and the pram/car seat. I wanted to wait but when I came across the pram I wanted with £200 off and the car seat free there's no way I could justify waiting to pay an extra £200 then the car seat separately because the offer would be finished.

As awful as it sounds, if something is going to happen, it's going to happen and delaying purchases until 20 weeks or whatever won't change that. I saw another poster say something along the lines of enjoying and being excited about pregnancy and not seeing it as something waiting to go wrong and that's exactly what me and my husband are doing.

Not bought anything yet, only known 2 weeks, but we know which pram we want, the silver cross wayfarer :)

thank you everyone :) I'm tempted to go out a buy a few outfits! haha. going to order the pram I want at 12 weeks, it's a Cosatto one, I love it. <3 I do feel more relaxed now I've hit double digits and heard the heartbeat more than once, I don't have a reason to think anything will go wrong.. X

We have our pram, it was on offer down from £500 to £300, so my mum bought it us. We were only 5 weeks then aswell

I'm not superstitious, I think what will be will be and you can't spend your days thinking what if.

We've got the full nursery set now and on pay day next week I'm going to buy the mosses basket etc. I'm 8+6 today.

( we have had a scan)

I think I just worry too much! :haha: I was worrying even after we had our scan, and saw the heartbeat flickering away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->