Pushchair help for. 2 year old!

lola_90

Reaction score
We don't use a pushchair daily as I drive and short trips to the park he can manage. So I only need a pushchair for long days out etc. We are going to stay in London at the end of the month and will need something as he will be much safer in a pushchair.

What does everyone use for there toddlers? He is nearly 26 months 16kg and 91 cm. most pushchairs seem to say 15kg weight limit? I've had a baby jogger before and I'm not keen on umbrella fold pushchairs. Thanks

:flower:

I'm not speaking from experience here as I haven't had my baby yet BUT whenever I am shopping in big cities I always see lots of toddlers in either the Quinny Zapp or Cosatto Yo, so maybe have a look at them?

Thank you, I've had a cosatto before and found them quite heavy to push as my son is so heavy!

We have a Mamas and Papas Urbo which I love.. However if you're planning on taking the tube then I wouldn't recommend taking a pushchair at all. Distances between tubes are really quite short and the underground system is virtually unaccessible for pushchair/wheelchair users. Very few lifts.

We used a Quinny Zapp Xtra up until a couple months back for Jacob. I highly recommend them

I have a bugaboo bee specifically because I live in London and that's the easiest on the tube. Although I think that only goes up to 17kg?

Agree with angeloftroy you need to really plan your way around and see which stations have step free access. A lot do mind you. When we are out and about right in the centre we tend to use the carrier combined with him walking.

I know how crap access for pushchairs is we regularly go up. My mums flat is a 15 minute adult walk to london bridge station and he has little road safety which is why I think a buggy is a necessity. I will have to have a look this week in town and go into a few shops. Thanks ladies x

I wouldn't buy a pushchair just for that. When we stayed in London for a few days, we held hands constantly when out and had the reins on at all times, or I carried her in my arms or in the carrier if it was long distance.

I wouldn't buy a pushchair just for that. When we stayed in London for a few days, we held hands constantly when out and had the reins on at all times, or I carried her in my arms or in the carrier if it was long distance.

It will get used I'm sure we have a few trips and mini breaks planned when I'm sure it will come in handy. My back is buggered at the moment after pulling a muscle and I can't carry him for more than 5 mins without being in pain.

I like the look of the urbo Angels but weight limit says 15kg. I know in America the weight limits for the same brands seem to be greater

I've got a Mountain Buggy Cosmopolitan which apparently has a weight limit of just under 20kg. It's a lovely pushchair.

It will get used I'm sure we have a few trips and mini breaks planned when I'm sure it will come in handy. My back is buggered at the moment after pulling a muscle and I can't carry him for more than 5 mins without being in pain.

I like the look of the urbo Angels but weight limit says 15kg. I know in America the weight limits for the same brands seem to be greater

Oh sorry, we've had it since Micah was born and never looked at limits since! We're in the UK too, but Micah's smaller. I think he's 12.7kg? Much shorter though at 86cm.

We have a bee and we got it when we lived in London. Its easy for the bus and I could lift it on the tube.

Were taking it with us when we go back and visit later this month as he does walk and walk well but gets fed up quickly with me and my dh to move to "mummy carry mummy carry daddy carry" and it's hard!

If you plan your tube journey right you can get by with the pram and no stairs. If you have 2 of you going up and down stairs is OK! I never really found it a problem.

And even better the buses are great with a pram!!

I ❤️❤️ the baby jogger city mini! Especially if you have larger toddler like mine, my LO was never able to get comfortable in umbrella strollers, she's just to big :shrug:

The baby jogger website says 'the total load recommended load for this stroller is 20.5kg' so I would think you would be ok for a while yet. I also love the baby jogger city mini GT as it has air filled tyres which I think would be great but I can't justify to buy another :blush:

]I've just bought a new pushchair for my almost three yr old as we are going to Disneyland Paris in the new year and I know he won't be able to manage it. We had a test run last week in spain when we were visiting the city/zoo/aquarium etc and it was great. It is an umbrella fold, it isn't suitable for napping as it doesn't recline, but I can carry it with one hand, it weighs next to nothing and was £17 from tesco!

It is the disney-baby-go-s-winnie-the-pooh buggy. Very inexpensive for daytrips if you are only using it occassionally.

Love my out n about for my 95 cm 16kg almost 2 12 yr old. He has additional needs but I hated the look of the "special" mclaren for him as I knew he would not like the exposure of it. This is easy to push and steer, very sturdy and he actually likes it...first time ever he likes a buggy.

It is a three wheel but very good on moving around x

If you only want to use one in London then I would take a look at the Raspberry its the perfect stroller for London trips. Lightweight and very easy to fold (seat on or off). It seems to be the best lightweight option as its far cheaper than the Bugaboo Bee, free-stands and has more storage. x

If you're going to continue spamming the forum with your icandy BS please at least give relevant information.

The OP asked for a stroller that would work for her child that is above the weight limit of the iCandy raspberry. (I just checked) at least have a bit of product information on your own products.

Thanks everyone I've narrowed it down to baby jogger city mini or bugaboo bee3. Going to drag little one to Mothercare on Saturday to try them both out before I order. The bee3 with grey melange hood is nicer to look at but the baby jogger is very good on rough road.

I'm a huge fan of the bugaboo, I saw the bee 3 a few weeks ago and I really like it. It's not too different to what I have (bee plus)

I forgot to mention I also have a babyzen yoyo for travelling, you could look at that too. I'd not really recommend it at the price though I don't think it's worth it although it's very handy to have. I am not sure of weight limit for that, probably same as bugaboo.

Eta - https://www.babyzen.com/video-yoyo.php

I know you've said you're not keen on umbrella fold pushchairs but thought I'd recommend the Silvercross Pop anyway. I've had it since DD was born and still use it when I'm not using the double. I've got a blue one for DS2 as well cos I love it that much lol. It's a very sturdy pram and folds small. I've just googled and the weight limit is 25kg. x

Thanks I've had the Babyzen before! I've had quite a few pushchairs! I had the bee plus last year and I know it would be very light can't remember why I sold it. Hoping little one will co-operate on Saturday for all the pushchair tests!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->