pushing/testing me

divadexie

Reaction score
I feel like my son is purposely testing me, pushing to my limits!

He has just come back from a week at his grans wher he sees his dad and half sister.
He has come back lazy, bossy and cross. As usual, because she gives in to his every want and request and does everything for him and is basically in his face all the time and buys him loads of cr@p.
But it was the last time he goes until xmas because of school.

Anyway, he was having a tantrum and I told him I was fed up of him not doing what he is told- ie he sits and stares at me when I ask him to do something and if he doesnt like it I may have to ask him time and time again and eventually put him on the step or shout.

So I said now I am only going to ask things one time because I have better stuff to do than keep saying things over. If he ignores me (not answering a question) he goes on the step because I think it is extremely rude and he wont be able to do that at school!
Then I said that if he wont do as he is asked then I will start taking teddies away.. he has a heap of teddies and hates them getting took out his room.

So over the past 2 days he has been on the step too many times to remember and had half of his teddies taken!

The first time was when he wouldnt come in from the garden and I know he is getting this from his friend next door who is 3.

I calmly asked him to get his jammies on and he didnt so I ignored him and continued putting LO to bed. I was nearly done with her and said hurry up I want me tea and he was eventually ready for bed, but when I said hop in, he stood and looked at me. I refused to say it again just looked at him and he stood up the ladder and just looked at me so I walked out the room and left him to get in himself. I felt bad but I am NOT giving in I am so fed up of having to ask him over and over!

Tonight he wouldnt come in from next door I gave him a warning and said thats one teddy coming off I had to go and drag him off the trampoline (if it was my garden I would of left him there but Mia was going to bed) and had to carry him inside. Told him he wasnt going to play tomorrow because he wouldnt come in.

He refused to get ready for bed so I put him on his bed in his t shirt and left him.

I am so tired! I hate bedtimes when he is being like this but I cant think how to get him to stop being so stubborn and cheeky!

Will he eventually get bored if I just continue with the ask once thing? Help!

That sounds so tiring, but I guess it happens a lot. Our Rayan is 2,5 and I have to ask him twice quite a bit of the time. Once nice, once sturdy and then he will do it.
As for bedtimes: I never ask him, just put him in bed, it is part of our routine. Then do all the kisses and hold his hand for a bit. That always makes him really calm. You might need to take a bit more time to put him to bed (if you can take the time that is, I sometimes have to clench my teeth as there is so much to do but he won't sleep if I do not go through it relaxed!)
Good good luck! I know it can be tiring and frustrating but they will get it one time! (hopefully in the near future)
Just stick to your guns, keep firm without shouting. Say it once, then warn him ("if not ..then.. ") Follow threats through. And don't give up hope!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->