Put in an offer on a house!

loeylo

1DD, 1 pup, WTT#2
Reaction score
Aaaargh!
It is fixed price, so hopefully there is no chance of us losing it now! It is in my dream area, although it isn't quite my dream house - we will need to put a lot of work in, but for the size of property in the area which we have gone for, it is a fantastic buy - 7 grand under its current value, and house prices are increasing a lot in the area- especially when we put the work in!
Too happy - plus it has an extra HUGE second/third bedroom ;)
Sorry for the self centred outburst, haha!

Exciting !!!!! Hope it all goes well ! I can't wait until I'm moving into my own place, exiting just thinking about it so I bet you are too

Thanks ladies! My "to do before ttc" list is shrinking so fast these days - my poor boyfriend must be thinking "woooow" haha!

The house is now sold online - we haven't heard from anyone though! Hopefully sold to us and not someone else ... Panic stricken weekend here!

Good luck! Buying a house is so exciting :D it's something we are hoping to cross off our list in 3 or 4 months time :)

FX it is sold online cos it's been sold to you. Does the estate agent work Sundays? Or if they're a big company, like your move, perhaps they have a central call centre you can phone and enquire?

WE GOT IT!!!
So overjoyed just now!

Congratulations !!!!!!! I bet you are soooo excited ! How long will it be until everything goes through ? Until you can move in?

We are mega excited but also petrified! Our entry date will probably be 31st Jan, but we need to lay flooring, paint, get a new kitchen and give it a good update before we officially move in, plus we have two months notice on our current flat, so probably by the start of March.
We are actually more terrified than excited as we chose our kitchen and it costs a fortune, plus carpets etc and I still don't have a permanent contract at work!

Sound exciting, I've been looking at new kitchens and bathrooms but don't know what style to go for. What kind of kitchen have you gone for ? I you don't mind me asking

We are going for one from homebase, it is white gloss, with brushed chrome handles. There are two versions of it which look virtually identical, but one is double the price - admittedly much lower quality but looks similar. We are getting a great deal, 60% off plus an extra 20% off then we get an extra 10% through work, so we are going for the smeg appliances haha!
I would fork out for a decent kitchen and bathroom, they really add value to a property plus you want to get at least 10 years out of it so you have to really love it in my opinion! The more you love it, the longer you will keep it so the better value for money. We are going for white with grey and silver mosaic tiles behind units and then our free wall painted to keep costs down. We will then add our coloured kettle etc to brighten it up! And we are having black work tops too to bring it all together, with silver appliances.

wow it sounds great! im so jealous i want mine and OHs house, thats whats stopping me I cant get a mortgage yet because Im on a temp contract with only 3 months left! :)
when are you going to be TTC then?

wow it sounds great! im so jealous i want mine and OHs house, thats whats stopping me I cant get a mortgage yet because Im on a temp contract with only 3 months left! :)
when are you going to be TTC then?
It has taken us a while to get to this stage! Luckily because of my job I am highly unlikely to be out of work so I am obviously still considered a good investment!
We are still a while off ttc because of house work, plus we want to be married first yet aren't even engaged! I want it to be soon though because we have already had two miscarriages and want to be done by 30 - I want at least 2!

Congratulations!!! We had our offer approved at the end of November and are waiting to exchange contracts and complete... hopefully next week we'll have it! It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->