Putting into own cot/room

A

AppleBlossom

After christmas Grace will be 6 months and I intend to put her in her own room in her cot as she is getting far too big for her crib anyway. Has anyone found that moving their LO into their own room or into a bigger cot has helped them sleep any better?

Yep! Charlotte was 18wks (I think!) when we moved her to her own room. I certainly didn't sleep very well (and haven't since), but she sleeps through the night, is less cranky throughout the day and just seems happier. She goes down by herself...we can put her in there when she's drowsy and she'll go to sleep w/o us having to cuddle her and rock her to sleep like we had to in the bassinet. I get up 4-5 times a night to check on her since she's not right next to me anymore, but she's always sound asleep. Good Luck!

i first put courtney in her own room a week a go and its the best thing i did!! :)

charlies been in his own room since about 12 weeks maybe earlyer hes been sleeping through the night ever since! best thing i ever done :)

Yep I put Erin into her big cot in her own room at about 12 weeks. She has her last bottle about 7.30pm and I put her up to bed awake around 8ish and she sleeps straight through till 8.00am. She sleeps so much better on her own. xx

Sharlotte has been in her onw room since 20 weeks... otherwise she was right outside our bedroom door.

She's made the transition beautifully, though our night time routine does include a cuddle-to-sleep.
:hug:

We havent done it yet Im too nervous but moving Seth from his basket to his cot helped with his sleeping a bit. Although I think the change of routine about the same time might have helped too.

Good luck :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"