Putting lo in his basket

Chellebelle

Reaction score
I have started trying to get Simeon in his own basket... Sunday night I put him in at midnight and he cried for 5 minutes, so I let him cry, then I stroked his head for a bit and he fell asleep and slept for ages.

Last night... a different story! He woke up at 12.30 for his feed so I fed him, then put him back in his basket and he cried on and off for a good half an hour :( I kept leaning over and comforting him and eventually I couldn't bare seeing him so upset so I put him back in bed with us.

How long did you leave your LO crying before you gave in and do you have any tips?

Thank you. :)

I've had Alfie in bed with me for 2 months now lol he just hates his moses basket and now he's almost too big for it!!! He's very tall like his Daddy (who has been relegated to the spare room:rofl:) He is only just starting to learn how to settle himself now in his big cot, i can't leave him to cry cos i'm a wimp but i just rub his tummy til he drifts off with a white noise CD on and if he doesn't go to sleep i take him out :blush: He stills sleeps with me at night i'm just getting him used to his cot durin the day at the moment then hopefully he'll be happy to go in it on a night soon too.

I co-sleep, but sometimes Niamh goes in her basket. If I want her to go down in her basket, I wait until she is in a really deep sleep. (I lift her arm three times and drop it gently. If she's asleep her arm will drop) then put her down. If she cries a little and whimpers I'l leave her, but if she cries properly I'll pick her up.

Although Olivia has always slept in her moses basket, we had real trouble getting her down in it at first. Our mw suggested that she may find it cold compared to sleeping on us (or in a bed with us) so we tried this......take out the bottom sheet for the basket, and cuddle them wrapped in it for a bit......then when you put them down, the sheet stays underneath them & it's nice & warm, plus it smells of you. You can then gently tuck the sheet under the mattress. Has worked a dream for us, so I'd suggest giving it a go.

xx

We've given up on the moses basket entirely. He never liked it and hardly ever slept in it and only if he was sound asleep before going on. He loves being in his cot to play and sometimes naps in there but we are pretty much resigned to co-sleeping now. I didn't leave him to cry; it has never made him stop crying, he just gets into a terrible state and overheated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->