Putting too much weight on ?

iak

Reaction score
Just wanted some advice. When I had a 9 week scan I was 8.5 stone. I am currently 25 weeks 3 days and I have weighed myself today I am 9.7 stone.

Worried that I'm putting on to much weight! I've heard that you should put on 2 stone max and I've got still 3 months to go :(

Don't want to put on so much extra weight and look fat instead of pregnant and then have a hard time loosing it after baby is born.

I don't think it's bad at all! You'll lose most of the weight when baby comes. As long as you're eating healthy it shouldn't be a problem.

Im not sure what that means in pounds/kilos but as long as you're eating healthy more or else and somewhat active you just gain what your body needs you to gain. Some people gain a lot then it slows down (I am one!) and some gain barely nothing then suddenly 8 pounds in 1 week and some are more in between,

I find gaining weight very hard to accept even within the healthy accepted ranges cause I've always struggled with my weight but just gotta remind ourselves this is only temporary. If your midwife or doctor think it's an issue maybe then you can try to figure a better diet but as long as they're happy with it, don't even bother.

That really doesn't sound like much at all. And while I don't know what your height is, that sounds like a healthy weight. I would just concentrate on eating when you're hungry and eating healthy. You can deal with weight gain afterwards x

Sounds right to me - the lighter you start I think the more you can put on.
I went from 8 stone 9 lbs to 11 stones with my son and I'm on track to do the same this time - 2nd and 3rd trimesters its roughly 1lb a week plus 5lbs in the 1st trimester. But it seems very individual x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->