Q about d&c? not sure if im in the right place?

youngmummy2be

Reaction score
just wondered if anyone had the tablets to bring on a mini labour? and wat was their experience? lots of pain or little pain? pls let me knoxx

I had a natural miscarriage but the OBGYN gave me methergine to take for 3 days (1 pill every six hours - total 12) and they make the uterus cramp. It was no way near the pain of my miscarriage cramping...labor pains. It was more of a dull ache like period pains...two ibuprofen and it covered it up but I have to say I had an "uncomfortable" feeling on them...can't really describe. After 3 days I was so happy to give them up and feel like me again with no drugs. That being said everything got out of my system which is good for my uterus and it did its job.

I was givin cytotec (misoprostle) to bring on a mc
and it didnt do ANYTHING
not a cramp not a spot
nothing
Good luck

I'm sorry for your loss. The waiting is the hardest part for me when I've miscarried. With my second miscarriage I was given misoprostal to bring on the miscarriage- it's also called cytotec. I spotted heavier for 2 days- then nothing. No miscarriage until more than a month later, just ongoing pink spotting for what seemed like forever. It wasn't painful at all, but that period that came later was quite heavy and was the actual miscarriage.
I later read that misoprostal is supposed to be combined with some other medication to bring on a miscarriage, but I can't remember what that was now.
I've never regretted my two D&C's so far for resolving my miscarriages quickly and painlessly.
It's a tough decision to make.
I hope you begin to heal quickly and well with a minimum of pain, discomfort and fear.
Take care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->