Q for co-sleepers

lol even when we were co-sleeping he napped alone in the daytime either at first in the pram/bassinet or in the moses basket near me then later as he got older and slept longer in the bedroom, currently we arent co-sleeping and he sleeps in his cot although sometimes if im lucky i might get a co-sleeping nap in during the day

On the bed either with me or alone and still does :D

Mine wont nap unless I'm holding her, so sometimes we take a nap together in the day. Or sometime I have her nap in the sling. I have managed to get her to take 30 minute naps alone, but it's got some prep work.

Kaiden naps all over, I'm terrible. He naps on the couch beside me, in his bouncy chair, occasionally in his swing, on me, on his breastfeeding pillow on me and sometimes on the bed. I want to get a nap routine but he just isn't into it.

My goal is to have him sleep on the bed for his naps. How do those whose little ones nap on the bed who are moving make it safe?

Mine wont nap unless I'm holding her, so sometimes we take a nap together in the day. Or sometime I have her nap in the sling. I have managed to get her to take 30 minute naps alone, but it's got some prep work.

Caine used to be like that :dohh: but it got better! He still wants me to lay with him at night till he is asleep x

Adam naps in his cot. Occasionally if he wakes and won't resettle I go up and nap with him on the bed but this is pretty rare.

until he was about 7months old, on my lap, or in the sling/carrier,
Slowly over the last 6wks I've started to be able to put him down on the bed after his feed when he's asleep and he's stayed asleep, or I can put him on the rug on the floor and he naps there. Our apartment is all open plan so if he's on the bed I leave the door open and I can see him from where I sit in the lounge to make sure he doesn't wake and crawl off.

Nap whats a nap!
L wont nap unless I am with her the second I put her down she wakes up:(

Thanks everyone for the replies.

The reason I ask is that Elise wont nap unless she's on me but I can normally get her down once a day on our bed if I pretend to sleep aswell!! But its so boring for me and I could be using my time so much better than lying there watching her sleep lol. I put pillows around the edge of the bed incase she rolls over (which she never does) but I'm afraid to leave her incase she does roll over and puts her face in the pillow!!

Any advice?? Or would you say she's perfectly safe and I'm over reacting??

I did that with pillows! I have to admit Caine rolled out of bed the once :dohh: but that was it, never purposely crawled out though. xx

I have a laptop, so that's when I get most of my bnb time in, or read a book.

Lucas will only fall asleep on me (occasionally my sisters/mum too), and goes down on the sofa once he's asleep. Even before we co-slept we've always done it that way guess we're just used to it :shrug:

Aeri sleeps in this in the day:
https://trus.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-2788191dt.jpg
https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2265136&CAWELAID=107532354

:thumbup: :)

We didn't co-sleep more than a couple of times, but until LO was 3 months old (or thereabouts) she only napped on us. I generally used that time to either take a nap myself, or catch up with loads of TV shows on Virgin OnDemand :rofl:

Edward naps either, on me, next to me on the sofa, or we both go up to bed.

If out he'll nap in his pram xx

Emma naps on the bed- we tried to make things safe by not having a bed frame (just a mattress on the floor so it wasn't very high up) and have bed rails on either side. It's worked well, but now that she knows how to climb on and off the bed, I don't always find her on the bed at the end of naptime :)

Jack has always napped either on me (in my lap or on my shoulder) or on the sofa beside me since he was born. He hated his Moses basket when we had it. When he fit in his bouncer seat (it vibrated), he'd sometimes sleep in that. He's asleep on the sofa right now (we have a big L-shaped sofa, and I push the footstool up to the side he's sleeping on).

If we're out and about, he'll sleep on me in his sling or in his carseat. Now that I'm back at work, he only seems to sleep for DH in his pushchair or on his shoulder.

He's only just started taking naps longer than 20-30 minutes. He's actually sleeping for an hour or more at times now (usually just for one of the naps though), which I'm putting down to eating more now with BLW and being more fidgety at night while this second tooth is coming through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->