Q for mamas with older bf babies..

Plumfairy

Mum-mum-mum-mum
Reaction score
when did you get your evenings back? layla is attached to me from about 6ish until bedtime which can be between 9.30 and 10.30, so im pretty much tied to the sofa all night!! will it always be like this?? ive been toying with the idea of giving a bottle of formula in the evenings but know in my heart i'll regret it.. just cant imagine having to spend the next 4 months like this in the evenings!! aaaaarrgghhh!!!

It wont be long hun - I'm seriously GUTTED that we've gone to the other extreme!! I used to be sat feeding her from tea time till bedtime (between 10.30 & 11.30) and gave a bottle of EBM at about 8pm to give me a break. Now she has her tea at 5pm then she has her EBM and goes to bed!! :cry: I miss it. In fact I confess I'm putting off giving her a solid lunch because she's only having about 4 breast feeds a day now and I dont wanna lose another!!!!

If you want to give yourself a break like I did, I got up before her and pumped both breasts off so OH or DD could give a bottle of EBM to her and I got a mid evening break. :D

gosh, I don't remember when the evening sessions slacked off, so it must have been sometime ago.

Thats why I switched to FF at night, I regret it now.

Jasper was doing that... ummm... I cant remember exactly, I think it was around 2-3 months old he started having a proper bedtime.

I'd give him boobie until he was fussing cos I was empty, he'd have a long bath, once he was in his PJs and swaddled I'dgive him boobie again and he'd fall asleep and be in bed by 7ish.

He's doing more or less the same thing, except without the feed before the bath, and he 'stays up' now until 8.

i cant seem to pump enough for a feed, can just about pump 1oz out from one boob whilst she feeds off the other. :( shame as i spent loads on the pump! i woldnt mind the evenings being as they are if it meant she slept at night, but she's up every 2 hours or so for a feed and only goes to sleep on the boob. im worried we're in a pattern that is going to be impossible to get out of. she is soooooo clingy though and will not go to sleep by herself or will not be put down asleep unless im right there by her in bed. she doesnt nap either which makes her cry as shes so tired and the only way to calm her is feed her, but then of course she falls asleep on it and im all muddled and unsure whether she's had a feed or not!!! oh its such a palava!!

Pumping is something that comes with time too - I could only pump an ounce every 3 hours but now I can get 4oz. I used to be able to get 9oz when I was getting up and pumping both sides first thing every morning!!! Babies and pumps suck differently - if you want to pump you need to do it like clockwork so your boobs get the right signs. :D

If shes comfort sucking have u tried a dummy? It was my saviour...

yeh have tried a dummy, but i think she may just like the closeness. do you reccomend any particular dummy? ive tried 3 different ones and they just come flying out again! there should be a nipple shaped one!!!

Pumping is something that comes with time too - I could only pump an ounce every 3 hours but now I can get 4oz. I used to be able to get 9oz when I was getting up and pumping both sides first thing every morning!!! Babies and pumps suck differently - if you want to pump you need to do it like clockwork so your boobs get the right signs. :D

wow 9oz!! Im jealous! What I'd give to get a full bottle! Do you pump whilst feeding baby or after? I feed off one side and pump other.. not sure if Im doing it the best way, but I find if I stare at Layla I hear the milk drops going in more... so much so Im frightened to look at the bottle to see how much Ive got hahah!!

I used to do exactly that! At my peak of pumping I'd be getting up and hour and a half before she did so I could get both sides off with time for them to refill.

I use Avent dummies. I tried MAM ones she didnt like them. I had to basically force it on her lol poor kid but now she loves it. took a few attempts of putting it in and her spitting it out again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->