Q for Mums who did not have epi but needed cut during birth of LO

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
As title says really!

Q for Mums who did not have epi but needed cut during birth of LO ....

With Moo I needed cut :cry:however I was on an epi and whist I've half decided to try and not have the epi with this bbay OH made a point of saying ok gas and air may help in labour but what if they need to cut you? Do they numb down there if they need to do that? :shock:

Yes they should inject the area with a thing called Lignocaine to numb the area :)

Thank you Kooky lol I didn't think they would do that with nothing but the OH made me squirm at that :lol:

I can't remember them injecting me when I was cut, but that is good because if they did I didn't feel it. I didn't feel the cut either or the jab they give you to release your placenta. I didn't notice any of those bits, I think I concentrated more on getting him out. My midwife did it during a contraction I think.

Sometimes if they need to do it quick they will cut while you have a contraction so you dont feel it as much, but if they have time they will numb you first xx

They didn't have time to inject me as it was a ventouse delivery and i guess they didn't think they would need to until the last minute, but honestly i don't think u'll notice as long as ur not looking! so much else is going on, it's really not as bad as it sounds, i only really felt it afterwards which u prob would have anyway the first time once the epidural wore off, the actual cut itself is over instantly xx

i had the cut hun, yea they numbed me down there, but jackie said i dont think i would have realised if they hadnt lol or if my leg fell off, i was out of it on the gas!

I had a cut with Jade I was not injected, but to be honest with everything else that was going on it was nothing major as her head was very close if not there. So it was like a stinging sensation. When I was told I was going to be cut, I panicked and was so scared, but I was told when it was over without me even realising it had been done, I was expecting mega pain. x

I was cut which is why I'd defo go for another epi again!!

I had a spinal (think thats what its called) for C-section as they wern't sure if forcepts would work.

I'd worry the same thing would happen again so I'd want to be as prepared as poss!!

I was cut which is why I'd defo go for another epi again!!

I had a spinal (think thats what its called) for C-section as they wern't sure if forcepts would work.

I'd worry the same thing would happen again so I'd want to be as prepared as poss!!

Sorry - Just noticed it said 'did not have epi' :dohh:

I'll go back to sleep now - I'm a bimbo!!

I had epi but it need to wear off for pushing do to a hip problem this killed and then jacob got stuck and i needed to be cut quickly so had NO injection to numb it (this fucking killed!!) then once his head was through his sholders got stuck and i needed to be cut twice more and again with nothing and i honestly can say this has made me never want to have another baby it hurt so much also they put the forceps in without any pain relief becuase of him getting stuck and heartrate dropping it all had to be done within a few minutes so as they explained to kyle while i was screaming they had no time to give me anything as there was no one available to give me it!!!!

To me the cutting hurt a hell of alot (maybe because i was cut 3 times) but everyone is different. Because they never numbed it the stitching after killed too and as i was told i had 72 stitches!!! So no wonder it felt like someone had ripped my WOHOO apart XxxX

I had to be cut, and it was all done in a bit of a hurry as Olivia had got stuck & her heartrate went all erratic. They didn't give me any pain relief whilst they cut me, but they did it as I had a contraction, and I didn't feel it at all.

The mw later explained to my OH that your body can only recognise a certain amount of pain, so whilst your in pain with a contraction, apparently you shouldn't feel the cut much at all.

They gave a local anasthetic when they stitched me up, so I barely felt any of that either, it was just once that wore off that it hurt.

i had to be cut, they injected inside me and i swear i thought i could never husrt as much as that, when they cut me i COULD feel it, i was in an immense amount of pain. my labour has made me very very worried about giving birth again. (sorry to be so negative, just not sugar coating it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->