Q for those who got a BFP early...

Jackers0825

Mom of 1; PG w/ #2
Reaction score
For those of you who got a bfp before your missed period, did you wait to call the doctor until after your missed period or right when you found out (got your bfp)? I feel like if I call and try to make an appointment they are going to think that I am crazy because I have not had my missed period yet. I am 13dpo today. I am supposed to get my missed period today or Friday. But I have already received my bfp when I was 9 DPO.

Also, I am sorry if this was the wrong place to post this question. I was not sure where to post it. Thank you in advance!

It's up to the office when they'll see you. Some right away and some will make you wait. I'd call. I was seen right at 4wks.

I'm calling tomorrow to register with mw but I think appt won't be until 8 weeks. I've already seen dr on Monday though for bloods (I was going through infertility testing so they're checking for progesterone-it's not standard to do early bloods in U.K.). She just asked when lmp was not when this one was due. I have irregular cycles so earliest af would have been due is Sunday so technically I could have been a day late but going on a normal lp I wasn't.

Congrats! I call once I have a decent line, so I have called as early as 10dpo. They never think I am crazy. They just won't actually see you until you are at least 8-10 weeks with Kaiser. They book your prenatal, send you some reading, and say call back if you experience any serious pain or heavy bleeding between now and your appointment.

Congrats! I call once I have a decent line, so I have called as early as 10dpo. They never think I am crazy. They just won't actually see you until you are at least 8-10 weeks with Kaiser. They book your prenatal, send you some reading, and say call back if you experience any serious pain or heavy bleeding between now and your appointment.

With Kaiser? What's that?

Thank you everyone for all the answers! I'll call tomorrow and see what their policy is and make an appointment. 😊

Kaiser is a type of health insurance/ brand of clinics and hospitals

I got my bfp 8 dpo on a Saturday (period always comes on 14 dpo). I first decided I was going to wait until after I missed my period to get blood work done but my mc was super early so I was nervous to wait and ended up getting blood work at 11 and 13 dpo! You're definitely not crazy in my opinion! :)

I got a very strong bfp on Saturday and another one on Monday, but af was due yesterday or today (still no sign!) I called my doctor on Monday and had to do a pee sample. So now i'm just waiting for them to confirm the hpt. All I want right now is information, because i'm new at this lol.

Well you are definitely in the right spot. You probably came across it, but there is a first trimester pregnancy board on the site. Not only can you find some bump buddies or women to share in your experience, but there is a wealth of knowledge consolidated from currently pregnant or previously pregnant woman. You are in good hands. Congrats on your bfp!

I'm in Australia so it's different over here, but I just see my regular GP in early pregnancy and do shared care with her and the hospital I birth at from about 14 weeks onwards (I live in a rural area, the hospital is 45km away). I went to my GP at 10dpo this time and her urine test and my blood test were negative, I went too early lol. I've been back since and obviously the urine test was positive, but moral of the story is I would wait til your missed period unless you know they'll order the more sensitive blood test (I think it's referred to as a beta)

I could be wrong, but I am in the U.S. and my experience is they do not do a blood test unless there are complications like bleeding or a history of loss. Most of my friends didn't have a blood test done until their first prenatal. I get blood tests done because I request them. And by request I ask but I will not take no for an answer because of my high anxiety. So if they don't run a blood test, don't be concerned. Every practice is different though so it's definitely best to ring them and ask them how they proceed.

Thank you for all your responses! I called today and they said the OB-GYN doesn't see patients until they are 7 weeks pregnant, so I made an appointment at my 7 week mark.

In my last pregnancy they didn't do any blood work until later on but they did urine test me everytime I came in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->