QI - Tips to get you ready for Conception

you can pick up cat poo with a scoop if you wear disposable gloves and wash ands after :) x

cazd: Thanks for that, that's pretty much what I guessed, the whole 'it could happen sooner and it's important' thing. Thanks for that bit of affirmation. :)

ThatGirl: I read up on Toxoplasmosis, and determined it is NOT airborne, and that cats only get it from eating an infected animal like a bird or mouse. Seeing as my cat is COMPLETELY and utterly indoors only, and I wash my hands thoroughly and do not actually touch anything other than the bag and the scoop handle, I'm not actually that concerned regarding cleaning my kitty's litter when the time comes. O:) More worried I might accidentally eat some meat that isn't as thoroughly cooked as it needs to be and getting exposure that way. (Never liked 'rare' steaks anyways, always 'well done' or slow cooked for hours in stew, so should be fine. Not to mention I hardly ever eat meat as it is.)

SHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!

Poop-scooping is one chore that I'm hoping to palm off to my OH !

:)

Seriously, I'm totally planning on trying to pass off the kitty cleanup to my husband and we don't even need a scoop, just take out the bag and put in a new one.

Ha! Its got me thinking about how many other chores I could convince my oh to do!

Thanks for all this.

Breaks it down alot easier.

I can see monitoring OH a bit difficlut mind you lol.

xx

You're very welcome - my OH thought I was being a bit OTT by reading all these books but when it didn't just 'happen' in cycle 1 he's started to take it a bit more seriously now - He's even taking his sanatogen without complaining.
I just need to get him to eat more veg now!

I would just query the ovulation timings you gave there? 19 days before AF? That would put people ovulating on day 9 of their cycle, and a much shorter cycle than 28 days. Most people tend to have a luteal phase of a fixed length, generally between 10 and 15 days, and this will always be the same irrespective of when you ovulate. So if one month you cycle is longer than you expected, it's because you ovulated later than you normally would.

This book https://www.amazon.co.uk/Taking-Charge-Your-Fertility-Reproductive/dp/0091887585 has lots of fab info in it - highly recommend it!

Hiya. Yes - you're right - quite a crucial typo from me there!
OV is usually 14 days before AF...

Sorry girls xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back