q's about cows milk!

DonnaBallona

newlyweds!
Reaction score
Brooke is having lactose free formula at the moment, and now she is nearly 13months I am going to moooooooooove her (sorry, couldnt resist!) onto cows milk for her bottles. The Peadiatricians and Dieticians are happy for me to do so. She has been having drinks of cows milk, yoghurts etc for weeks now with no problems.

So, my questions are:

can I literally just swap the formula in her bottles for cows milk?

Brooke will drink 6oz of cows milk in one sitting but only 3oz of formula-is it ok to give her this much?

She still has three bottles a day-one morning, one afternoon and one before bed. I have been giving one of them in a beaker but is it ok to just stop giving her the bottles and swap it for the beaker instead? or do I have to do it slowly?

and lastly, does cows milk provide everything she needs, IE vitamins, iron etc, or do I have to start giving her anything else? she eats a full very varied diet every day too.

sorry-Im a tad confused! :shrug: x

We did literally just swap Ella over from formula to cows milk, although she'd had cows milk in baking and cereal for about a month before that. We had no problems with the change and I think she likes cows milk better.

I think 2 Cups of milk a day is the recommended amount here, although it may be different there. Ella has 2 bottles a day, one before her nap and one before bed.

I can't see changing to a beaker will cause any problems, especially as she's already taking one milk feed from it. This is something we haven't done yet!

I have no idea about what vitamins and if iron is in milk - I don't think it has high levels of iron. Definately not as much as formula as that's added in. As long as she's having a healthy and varied diet she should be getting the majority of what she needs from that. I thought cows milk was only for calcium needs...?

Hope that helps and if not hopefully my bump will get a few others to help out! :)

thanks so much for your reply Kiwimama! muchly appreciated and its given me some answers :thumbup:

Thanks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->